• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I overclock my FX-8350?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I tried upping CPU v still having illegal sumout on 1.3750 I got illegal sumout and bsod so I tried 1.3875 still persists but just 1 worker with illegal sumout within a minute of prime. I'll try 1.4v

Okay, I tried 1.4v still getting 1 worker illegal sumout.

Last edited:
Thinking as I RE-read an look at your thread...

...Okay am thinking outloud now as I look back nearly to first posts.
1. That ram is rated at 2T CR. You need to make sure it is at that setting.

2. Are you still running the ram at less than DDR3-1866? If not drop the ram
speed to the next ramp below 1866 and test P95 Blend again.

3. We all generally set ram spec'd at 1.5V to 1.55V or increase of 0.05V. Not
nearing any danger level at all. Not nearly.

4. I have to be brutally honest when I say that I just looked to see what brand/model
of motherboard you are using. Uhgh. Maybe. So you have the first of these
things we have seen. So may have to do some real testing on your own without
every little move spoken of by us.

5. In your bios you am seeing your Overclock Mode is set to AUTO. Why? I would
guess it would most likely need to be set to manual since we are adjusting things
manually.

6. From bios image would Set Ram voltage to 1.55V not AuTo.

7. From bios image would set CPU_LLC Calibration from AuTo to maybe 25%. It is
hard to say for sure since we have not seen the 'choices' for that motherboard.

Those would be the first things I would change if the board were mine and it was my
first or nearly first overclock attemp since I would have to learn the motherboard.
Problem is don't know of any of us that help all the time with that board and as "johan"
said he wanted to see how the board acted. Obviously currently it is acting a fool.
From the images I see...it should be rokken along just fine.
RGone...ster.

EDIT:
So everytime you increase the cpu voltage, there have been less workers failing in
P95 Blend mode? Is that what I am reading? If so you may not have "yet" given that
particular cpu enough voltage. You may have a cpu that just takes more cpu voltage
than 80% of the rest of the FX-8350s.
END EDIT.

Remember, LLC on Asrock boards is backwards compared to any other board. More Vcore for your OC is needed, IMO.

Raise the Cpu Nb Voltage to 1.35 v and see if it stabilizes. It might behoove you to set everything back to stock clocks, raise the Ram to 1866 with the timings set correctly and then see if you can pass 2 hours prime blend. Just to give you an idea of why I say this. I had my rig stable at 4.7 Ghz with a set of G Skill Ripjaw X 1600 Mhz stick. I decided to buy a new set of 1866 G Skill Snipers figuring they would just plug in and work. They didn't I went through 2 RMA's thinking it was the sticks and I fought for the better part of a year to get them to run stable at 1866. It was only when I went back to default settings and then worked on them when I was able to get the rig stable for 2 hours. Doing this from the get go would have saved me a lot of frustration. I found out that for what ever reason I needed more Cpu Nb voltage to get this particular sticks to run at 1866 then other sticks I have.

I found out that for what ever reason I needed more Cpu Nb voltage to get this particular sticks to run at 1866 then other sticks I have.

That is something I have also noticed in a lot of cases with the Corsair and Kingston rams. There have to be some underlying set up timings in bios that we aren't privy to that cause this to happen.

Back