• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 8320 overclocking log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bob4933

This is going to be more of a reference to my particular chip and how it overclocks vs a discussion on overclocking it.

For those that can't see sigs ->
FX 8320
990fx Sabertooth
GSkill Sniper @1600 x9cl
Seasonic 620w

For the purposes of this log, "tentative stability" is 1 "normal" test on intel burn test, and 15 minutes of prime 95 "blend".

"Stable" is 2+ hours of p95 blend.

Starting with 4.5ghz.

I started with comparing running a straight multiplier vs a FSB multiplier blend. Running straight multiplier (fsb @ 200) @ 22.5, I needed more voltage to get tentative stability than a slight mix. With pure multiplier I need 1.375v to get the system to run tentatively stable, where as with the more FSB multiplier I added, the less voltage I needed to get tentative stability. Until I go past 215, then it started going up again.

This is my usual setup, but I wanted to make sure. Tonight, when I get back from work, I will be trying to find the point of diminishing returns. Where TONS of voltage needs to be added for minimal gains.

I will also pictures of my bios.

Well sometimes more voltage doesn't always make a more responsive system because your looking for sheer mhz.

You could tweak the ram a little.

GSkill Sniper @1600 x9cl

Most systems that I've set up in the past while running 1600mhz, I would try and tighten the timings for better memory latency which in turns helps the system respond better all around.

The timing set I am always after is 8-8-8-24-32 2T 1.55 - 1.65v voltage will vary depending on how the ram reacts.

So hopefully you go a little deeper in search of that "snappy feel" even if you must stay at your current clock speed.

Not to take away from your log, I think it would be awesome to see screen shots of this system in every post you make.

Back