• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair V Formula failure ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I will not apologize as i am completely fed up with people that answer without reading the question 1st OR reading it properly and understanding what was written. Happened too many times on too many websites, there is only so much patience :)

And you've never done that? Maybe you should go join a forum where people don't make mistakes.

And aren't you making an assumption here? I mean what if RGone did in fact read your first post carefully and understood it but got distracted with helping someone else before he could reply to your post? That are other possibilities besides what you state to have happened.

Thank you "trents" man but just let it go. He joined to ask that one question that was already done troubleshooting just about before he posted. So he will likely go to RMA if the used board will RMA and then he will be functioning again and likely never post again. Whatever works out is okay by me man. Again thanks.
RGone...ster.

And you've never done that? Maybe you should go join a forum where people don't make mistakes.

And aren't you making an assumption here? I mean what if RGone did in fact read your first post carefully and understood it but got distracted with helping someone else before he could reply to your post? That are other possibilities besides what you state to have happened.

Of course there can be other possibilities but that just makes my point more pressing, lack of attention to detail. No, thankfully it never happened to me because i read and re-read my replies to a fault to make sure of what i am writing to give the clearest answer possible. Read the thread from the start and tell me if you don't think some of the replies are completely ridiculous.

And i have thanked everyone for the help so far, so no harm, no foul :grouphug:

But getting off track here, asked for RMA and only waiting for reply at the moment, nothing else seems to do the trick :( I have been an avid Asus fan for a few years now but their costumer centre seems to be back-sliding to something like the Gigabyte one. Do you honestly think i have a shot ? it was a new MB after all, still have proof of purchase :attn:

Of course there can be other possibilities but that just makes my point more pressing, lack of attention to detail. No, thankfully it never happened to me because i read and re-read my replies to a fault to make sure of what i am writing to give the clearest answer possible . . .

Give it time. Generally, humility comes with life experience.

But getting off track here, asked for RMA and only waiting for reply at the moment, nothing else seems to do the trick :( I have been an avid Asus fan for a few years now but their costumer centre seems to be back-sliding to something like the Gigabyte one. Do you honestly think i have a shot ? it was a new MB after all, still have proof of purchase :attn:

A lot of us have had nothing but negative experiences lately with Asus customer support/RMA and have given up on the RMA process. If a board goes bad we just eat it but still patronize them because arguably they offer the best overclocking boards.

+1 trents, if i ever go back to amd top of the line cpu's it will be on an asus board.

Same, i really don't want to go over to Intel although that would probably be a good choice at the moment.
Talked to customer service and they said no go on the RMA because i *quote* forced the components to go above specifications it was designed for *unquote*...so £135 down the drain, on a simple NB overclock that should have gone smoothly (as it did on all the other MBs i had).

Suggestions ? i will take bizarre and unconventional now :bang head

From your first post you say you just bought the mobo and worked for 2 weeks. Is the board out of warranty with the seller?
RGone...

No, they simply refuse to trade it because i overclocked it which i don't even know if is legal in the UK.

How do they know you overclocked. That sounds like BS to me.

Because i told them i was overclocking the NB when it crashed ? i rather be honest and get a straight answer (favourable or not) then BS and get a huge repair bill after for tests and garbage i didn't do.

Again were going off topic, i asked for possible repairs ?

But the NB is on DIE it shouldn't have any bearing aside from the VRM and it's not like you were shooting for the sky either it's a Phenom.

You'll have to inspect for obvious damage . Tedious to do!

There is no apparent damage and no burning smell coming from it as i stated before. Still have to try to keep it stable long enough to flash the Bios but that is going to be dicey :(

It does kind of sound like the bios. Have you checked all the power connectors for damage. Have seen the 8 pin connector go bad before

Aie, they SEEM ok, no problems when i hook it up on the older MB that i could see. Ill try again later on, after trying the flash.

Of course there can be other possibilities but that just makes my point more pressing, lack of attention to detail. No, thankfully it never happened to me because i read and re-read my replies to a fault to make sure of what i am writing to give the clearest answer possible. Read the thread from the start and tell me if you don't think some of the replies are completely ridiculous.

Asus customer support is like filling out a rebate form. If you miss any details, you will get a delayed response, but they should come through. I sent back an FM2 board that got hit by lightning and had a great no questions asked experience. Sent me a brand new board that was just about to go out of warranty

Back