• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!PLZ!HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lunchbox!

ok, I have an iwill KA266-R mobo, and pc2100 ddr ram, and a voodoo5 5500....Heres some of my problems, I am somewhat new to oc'ing, so I'm trying to learn...I have read this sites articles, and reviews, and the beginner's manual, and need some direct answers....
1) Is the new 1.33GHz T-bird w/266MHz fsb stable?
2) will a swiftech mc462a fit the aforementioned mobo?
3) Is that an appropriate hsf for that proc?
4) should I be worrying about cooling the northbridge chipset, or the voodoo5(it has 2 factory fans on it)?
Thank you for your help, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could supply links with these answers, such as where to research and buy....

Sliprywenwet! (Apr 17, 2001 09:48 p.m.):
ok, I have an iwill KA266-R mobo, and pc2100 ddr ram, and a voodoo5 5500....Heres some of my problems, I am somewhat new to oc'ing, so I'm trying to learn...I have read this sites articles, and reviews, and the beginner's manual, and need some direct answers....
1) Is the new 1.33GHz T-bird w/266MHz fsb stable?
From what I have gleaned from this board, yes it is.
2) will a swiftech mc462a fit the aforementioned mobo?
Assuming it has the holes surrounding the socket, yes it will.
3) Is that an appropriate hsf for that proc?
That's an appropriate hsf for just about anything...though a tad pricey, if you ask me. You could get a fairly decent watercooling setup for that much.
4) should I be worrying about cooling the northbridge chipset, or the voodoo5(it has 2 factory fans on it)?
Not positive on this one, but I would say you probably don't need to worry about the Northbridge (unless that board doesn't have a fan on it already) or the Voodoo unless you have that OCed.
Thank you for your help, and it would be greatly appreciated if you could supply links with these answers, such as where to research and buy....

If you go watercooling instead try DangerDen or the watercooling topics on the front page. For any research, the forums and front page are probably just about your best bet.

i ahve that board (hopefully you have a revision 1.3?)
go watercooled if possible with the 1.33/266 chip. I watercooled the n and s bridges simply because why not??? the chip coolers are only $28 each at becooling.

ps- that "powered by ddr" heatsink- it's not really a heatsink, it is a damned sticker that is double side taped on there, get it off regardless of what you end up doing, it is probably just insulating the chip- trust me, it will come off with a flattie and no, it wont damage your chip!

Back