• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motion+ Wii dongle $20 on 6/8/9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FudgeNuggets

Don't you just LOVE the use of the words Wii and DONGle in the same sentence?

Anyway, nice to see that it won't break the bank. 2 Wii DONGles for less than the cost of the game.

Of course, for $50 you could always elect to get the package that includes the Wii DONGle and the Resort-sports game like the Wiimote and Wiiplay bundle prior to this.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5211305/wii-motionplus-coming-june-8-for-20

Let the penis jokes begin iin 5....4.....3...2..... oh wait, they've already begun.

The resort game hmm? Better get two dongles and the game for $50, doesn't that bring the cost of the Wiimote to $80!?

The resort game hmm? Better get two dongles and the game for $50, doesn't that bring the cost of the Wiimote to $80!?
The package only comes with one dongle. You have to buy the second by itself, if I read the article right. And the game has to be written to take advantage of it. And the games written for it are not backwards compatible either. This is not as good as it looks when I first read this thread title, IMO.

so what is this thing really. an updated wii remote which is an updated gyration mouse?
i mean whats it really supposed to do?

It's an expansion for the wii remote that adds an extra gyroscope, supposedly improving accuracy/response of the remote. Unfortunately, the nunchuck doesn't get any improvement, but I guess it doesn't really need it *shrugs*

Bottom line, I don't see myself buying dongles for my wii.

:)

I got bored of wiisports after a few days, same for my friends. So as of now I dont think I would buy it or the game. $50 for a game plus only 1 dongle I will only probably play for a few days? I'll pass.

Thought I'd bump this to say I just got Wii Motion+ with Tiger Woods 10.

WOW, this is great. You are getting the 1:1 motion promised. As an example, I fired up the disc golf game. There is a hand holding the disc on the screen, you can completly turn around 360 degrees and the hand follows exactly what your doing. This then translates into throwing the frisbee just like throwing a real frisbee.

The golf part is also a lot of fun to play alone or with a group of friends. I can't compare it to real golfing because I don't golf.

the Wii is an accessory *****...this is improving on the Wii-mote giving it 1:1 tracking....but that's kind of what Nintendo alluded to when the Wii came out...it's just now it's what almost 3 years later and costs us extra. Motion+ should have been how the Wii remote worked day 1.

It's insanely expensive. The entire bundle (Remote + Nun chuck + Motion+) should bundle for $50. $80 for a complete remote is insane... plus it needs batteries!

Back