• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between the 530 and 530J?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saruji

I've just purchased a Pentium 530 have no idea weather its a J or not, if fact i'm quite alien to this side of the computer world, i've owned AMD's since Athlon 1400's. I have got absolutly no idea what I have just got myself into, I've looked on newegg and there are two chips 3.0 E and a 530 J, both are for the 775 LGA and both are prescotts, thats all I know. What is the difference?

The processors with the J suffix are a new stepping, E0, they normally run a little cooler then the ones that don't have the J, they have the execute bit disable function, and i think they have better thermal controls but im not sure about that.

If you still have the box it will say if it is a 530J or not. If you dont you can download cpu-z and see what the stepping is. If its a E0 it is a 530J if its not then its a regular 530.

Back