• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Professional Full Version $30

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FYI end date of the offer is ----->>> 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on January 3rd, 2010

hope that helps ^^

Also - the first part of the agreement... so if you do not technically qualify for the program try not to post and such that you don't as you are obtaining it illegally... ;)

Microsoft® – The Windows 7 Academic Offer
This promotion is subject to the following terms and conditions and all participants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Program Description: All eligible university students are entitled to make a purchase from the promotion site as described further below.
Promotion Duration: This offer commences at 12:00PM Pacific Daylight Savings Time on September 15th, 2009 and all purchases must be made via the Promotion web site by 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on January 3rd, 2010 at which time the offer ends.
Microsoft reserves the right to extend or terminate this promotion at anytime.
Promotion Eligibility: : This offer is good only to eligible students who attend an educational institution geographically located in the United States. This offer is non-transferable. One of each product may be purchased per eligible student (but not required).
The following conditions serve to define student eligibility for the Promotion:
.edu: Individual must possess a valid e-mail address at a U.S. educational institution which contains the domain suffix .edu; OR
Pre-Approved School List: Enrolled in a U.S. educational institution included on the pre-approved school list; OR
Submission of school enrollment: Submit verifiable school enrollment via the validation process; AND
Individual must be a student at a U.S. educational institution and must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request.
Microsoft or an appointed vendor may contact you to verify that you are a current student. If documentation is not provided indicating that you are a current student, you will be liable to reimburse Microsoft for the difference between what you paid and the estimated retail price of the software.
Microsoft, in their sole discretion, may accept other forms of validation to determine eligibility in lieu of a valid e-mail address when one is not available.
Program Description: Eligible students are allowed to purchase one license of the product below:
1. Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium
OR
2. Microsoft® Windows 7 Professional
Purchase Limitations: Eligible students may purchase no more than one license of Microsoft® Windows 7 above per valid e-mail address or billing address.
Obtaining Software: Eligible students can obtain the software by downloading or ordering a disk from the official Promotion web site. The cost for ordering disk(s) is USD$13.00.
Obtaining Product Keys: Product keys will be provided on the purchase confirmation page and sent to the student’s eligible educational institution email address entered into the Promotion web site during the purchase process.
Promoter: The promoter of this program is Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

Last edited:
FYI end date of the offer is ----->>> 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time on January 3rd, 2010

hope that helps ^^

Also - the first part of the agreement... so if you do not technically qualify for the program try not to post and such that you don't as you are obtaining it illegally... ;)
I will repeat what I said above, as you are offending those of us who are not doing anything illegal or underhanded. The web site linked to and administered by Digital River does indeed have the requirements listed.

Calling MS directly and ordering at the number in the first post does not have the same requirement, per the representative I spoke with (I'll not list his name, lest others say they asked and really didn't...and I would strongly recommend asking to make sure the requirements have not changed). The reason I asked was to specifically avoid doing anything illegal or underhanded. If the requirements were something I could not fulfill, I'd have said thank you and ended the conversation.

Last edited:
Heeyyyyy, slow your roll bro. I don't see that he singled anyone out in his post :beer:
Fair enough. Edited out the part about the implication I was doing anything that wasn't legit. The rest of the post was just (and only intended to be) a clarification.

This is weird. Why would they offer the full version by calling them and the upgrade when you order online? I've already canceled my order once to change from Home Premium to Professional. Do I really want to cancel again to change from upgrade to full? I think I'll just take my chances and hope they have it wrong somewhere and both versions are the same (preferably both are full versions :p).

I believe the difference lies in who is selling it. With the phone call, you are dealing with MS directly. On the web site, you're going through Digital River, a distributor.

if this is the FULL version, i am pretty upset. i bought the upgrade from the 741 deal. i want to cancel my order but i cant find a contact number, email, or any cancellation instructions either on the website or my conf. email.

anyone else know how to cancel the 741 deal?

edit: ugh, looks like no refunds for 741 :(

I noticed on the website that if you select 'custom install' it won't do the upgrade and will install the full version.. okay.. that's new, but what it says.

I noticed on the website that if you select 'custom install' it won't do the upgrade and will install the full version.. okay.. that's new, but what it says.

This is just how the upgrade works now. Custom install will basically do a clean install, instead of an in place upgrade (like vista forced), but you still have to be on an activated copy of windows for it to work. All 741 copies are upgrades, not full copies, and will require an activated version of windows running before you can install it.

This is still worth it.. $30 for a $199 upgrade.

if this is the FULL version, i am pretty upset. i bought the upgrade from the 741 deal. i want to cancel my order but i cant find a contact number, email, or any cancellation instructions either on the website or my conf. email.

anyone else know how to cancel the 741 deal?

edit: ugh, looks like no refunds for 741 :(

Same boat here. I might just use my 2nd .edu e-mail to order a full copy of Pro directly from MS after I hear how people fared tomorrow (release date).

I will repeat what I said above, as you are offending those of us who are not doing anything illegal or underhanded. The web site linked to and administered by Digital River does indeed have the requirements listed.

Calling MS directly and ordering at the number in the first post does not have the same requirement, per the representative I spoke with (I'll not list his name, lest others say they asked and really didn't...and I would strongly recommend asking to make sure the requirements have not changed). The reason I asked was to specifically avoid doing anything illegal or underhanded. If the requirements were something I could not fulfill, I'd have said thank you and ended the conversation.
Was not trying to single people out. Also I didn't just speak with the girl on the phone who barely spoke english, I got transferred to some division representative after numerous 30-40min wait times... alas for clarification i'll repost part with some parts you may want to note in color :)

The following conditions serve to define student eligibility for the Promotion:
.edu: Individual must possess a valid e-mail address at a U.S. educational institution which contains the domain suffix .edu; OR
Pre-Approved School List: Enrolled in a U.S. educational institution included on the pre-approved school list; OR
Submission of school enrollment: Submit verifiable school enrollment via the validation process; AND
Individual must be a student at a U.S. educational institution and must be actively enrolled in at least 0.5 course credit and be able to provide proof of enrollment upon request.
Microsoft or an appointed vendor may contact you to verify that you are a current student. If documentation is not provided indicating that you are a current student, you will be liable to reimburse Microsoft for the difference between what you paid and the estimated retail price of the software.

this is what I was refered to in the end from the people on the phone. and it is also what people said higher up than phone answerer said. So All I am saying is that MS reserves the right to ask more verification and if none then you pay full amount. Though everyone knows they won't...

Heeyyyyy, slow your roll bro. I don't see that he singled anyone out in his post :beer:

Thanks

Well, thanks for going up the ladder Flurp. Disappointing to say the least. Their reps should know what they're talking about...and so should whomever they ask. Already charged to my CC though. Glad I know who I spoke with.

i wonder if theres any way to get the full version with out a .edu address over the phone.
i'm enrolled in school but the school does not provide a .edu e-mail address.

i know theres a way on the 741 website but if i could get an upgrade through 741 AND a full version for both my laptop and my desktop, both i use for school, life would be grand

Now I KNOW MS was lying to me yesterday about not taking debit cards, b/c guess what I saw in my checking account today?

A $1 charge on my debit card from Microsoft Store, that's bull**** :mad:

i wonder if theres any way to get the full version with out a .edu address over the phone.
i'm enrolled in school but the school does not provide a .edu e-mail address.

i know theres a way on the 741 website but if i could get an upgrade through 741 AND a full version for both my laptop and my desktop, both i use for school, life would be grand
A couple posts above you...

What that entails though, I dont know.

Back