• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

APB - Where oh where is Jmtyra ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion456

One minute Jmtyra is pouring on 93 million points per month, and the next second he is missing in action.....where.....are..... you.......? :grouphug:

For that matter....where is kGH @ 75 million per month....and Sagar Rawal @ 45 million per month....and dFonda @ 10 million per month.....

Is this alien abduction or what? :chair: :chair: :eek:

Last edited:
One minute Jmtyra is pouring on 93 million points per month, and the next second he is missing in action.....where.....are..... you.......? :grouphug:

For that matter....where is kGH @ 75 million per month....and Sagar Rawal @ 45 million per month....and dFonda @ 10 million per month.....

Is this alien abduction or what? :chair: :chair: :eek:

And Farwalker, Fever and what ever happened to sfu7274456's farm?

edit: If just 1/2 of all the inactive members came back, we would be smoking.

Last edited:
It's possible they have shut down for the summer, some folders have to shut down due to the heat, such as me :( Trying to find an alternative location for folding. Also considering moving to some colder state, maybe Minnesota.

Noticed them missing. Team 32 counts on them for a strong showing.

Regarding the heat, even with two AIOs cooling my system, since summer has started to come on strong I've noticed my AC running more often whilst trying to aid and abet the PC cooling which has temps trending upwards; 5-10°C in the last couple of weeks.

That and working more out of the house on my Unit #1 most of the day has hampered my production.

Team 32 is trending in the wrong direction. (6/6/2014)

Members please come back to the fold.

Attachments

• 32 6_6_14.jpg
    32 6_6_14.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 259
Still no word about Jmtrya??

Has he fallen to the wrong side of the coin?

two words: Geothermal cooling. No transfer of heat into your place resulting in an increase in electric bill. All the heat is transferred to the cool earth. Shallow water table helps a lot, too.

It occurred to me recently that I've been looking at cooling all wrong. A better way to go (I think) is to get the hot air from folding PCs into the attic and then have an attic fan get rid of it. Not sure if there's a reasonable way to do this yet. I'm thinking maybe 2" PVC that exits the wall with a standard cover plate, or a plate for a whole-house-vac.

Hmmm... wonder if this would cause condensation issues in the winter. Needs more thought.

Venting directly to the outside would be an option.....

No different than a bathroom fan or range hood for example but i wouldn't vent directly to the attic and you would need bigger than 2" for the cfm required.

I was about to do the same for my farm when i was running multiple i7 920's but before i had a chance to finish along came Sandy & the heat was no longer a problem... :sly:

Venting directly to the outside would be an option.....

No different than a bathroom fan or range hood for example but i wouldn't vent directly to the attic and you would need bigger than 2" for the cfm required.
Yeah, not sure how to vent out a window in a way that's acceptable to the wife. 2" would work (I think) if it had a fan pulling air. Would need some sort of enclosure to collect heat from multiple PCs.

Yeah, not sure how to vent out a window in a way that's acceptable to the wife. 2" would work (I think) if it had a fan pulling air. Would need some sort of enclosure to collect heat from multiple PCs.

Take over your laundry room! Tie into the dryer vent, put in a "in-line" fan like a Delta fan to suck out the hot air.

<JOKING>:rolleyes:

Consider renting an air conditioned storage unit (closet) and building your farm in there. Don't know what they cost from one area of the country to another but the AC and electric are part of the rent. Maybe lowering the home AC/elec bill would offset the rent?

Take over your laundry room! Tie into the dryer vent, put in a "in-line" fan like a Delta fan to suck out the hot air.

<JOKING>:rolleyes:

That's actually a viable option. All you need is a slanted T-connection big enough for both dryer pipes. The thing is, you will need to have a fan that has good static pressure at the beginning of the line that exhausts the PC's hot air.

You want a slanted T connection because I'm sure the pressure from the dryer would be stronger than the delta fan and you don't want some of that hotter dryer air coming up the pipe from the PC exhaust.

Other than that, just having them separately is the better option and you want it set up in a way where the heat doesn't escape and even in the winters you can have it where the colder outside air gets sucked in.

There are many possible configurations you can go about doing this.

Back