• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best way to start folding (770 or 770ti?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And one odd thing: I'm intermittently seeing the GPU go to 0% load for a minute or so. Anybody else seeing this? Any ideas?
Yes.
On my computer running two R9 280Xs I see that they randomly go to zero for about a minute here and there.
I have my (GIGABYTE GV-R928XOC-3GD Radeon R9 280X) GPUs OC to 1165MHz VDDC set to 1.256V.
I have notice that one of the GPUs has more failed WUs than completed (9 failed - 4 completed) in the last few days.
I'm using 14.4 driver.

What psu do you have ??
Currently running a Silverstone 650W. Just enough connectors for 280x. I have a Corsair 750 that's idle right now also but don't see that working for 2 cards. The 280x appears to pull ~350W fully loaded (per AnandTech).

Note that I'm running my processor under clocked and under-volted, so draw from the rest of the PC is relatively low. Guess I should measure what it's pulling from the wall when folding and not..

That would have to be system.....Not card only.

Both your psu's should be capable of running a pair of 280x's
Thanks. And yeah, wow. 350W card would be crazy. And on AnandTech it clearly says "total system power consumption." Not paying attention...

Back