• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NO Case Mod WILL EVER BE THIS GOOD..EVER!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
its real, I was looking at a thread about 2 or 3 months ago of him building it step by step, from the liquid containers in the middle to the legs and he didn't finish the inside of it. I lost track of it after that, looks like it actually got done.

nice mod and I respect all the work put into it, but damn I would never put such a computer within 100 feet of my room, let alone build one like it even if I had the time and resources.

I just wish it was a case mod instead of a case build. Two different beasts.

Still was one badass build. It amazes me how complex'ly and creatively a machinists mind can attack a design.

Most impressive for sure, but you can't see it's internals. For all we know it could have a 486 in there with all the lights/glow paint :confused:

I'll have to admit that case does look really sharp!

"All show and no go", eh Nebulous? I'd have to give him props for building such a nice case and putting my very first CPU ( *tear ) in it.

it looks alright i guess I can tell there was a lot put into the detail and the craftsmanship was kinda thought out but i would not want it

It's not a current rig in there, I don't recall the exact specs, but I believe it has a 1950 as the graphics.

if a structural engineer spent 3+years of his/her life designing a bridge, and the bridge got built - surely someone would eventually come along, put their hands on their hips, **** their head to the side, and say something along the lines of "IMO i think it looks utterly ugly and overly flashy..." or "I think it's quite an ugly and inelegant design"

if the engineer is worth his salt, you can only imagine that all he would do is laugh off the comment and perhaps spare a thought of pity for the people who cannot fathom or appreciate the effort, dedication, and discipline required to pull off such a feat.

by my reckoning, from this perspective, there must be very few people out there who can really view a work of this magnitude, and rightfully make a qualified criticism of the end result.

everyone's allowed to have opinions and their own personal tastes, but give a thought before putting down what somebody obviously put a lot of work into to build up.

Effort, dedication and discipline don't alone make something beautiful. Since this is merely a fancy piece of design work rather than a work of art I'm not even sure that considerations of the work that went into it are that important. The Sears Tower was a monumental engineering effort, but it's ugly as stink, as was the Hoover Dam and that's just a giant grey curbstone with some machinery inside.

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, but there are standards that are generally pleasing to almost all people. This does not seem to meet them. It is a collection of clashing colours, curves, spikes and straight lines, which fail to fit together as a harmonious whole.

I would say that designs like the Mac Mini (though I don't like the white mac look) and some of the mini ITX designs where the case also acts as a heatsink are far cleverer than this because they are very compact and use a minimum of lines.

all in all hyper thats all that matters is if the user is satisfied and happy with his/her work. i just think its overly flashy with the green cathodes, however, i give the guy respect for taking the time to finish it and even having the funds to finish it, i know some people cant even accomplish that in a reasonable amount of time.

Drew@PSU said:
"All show and no go", eh Nebulous? I'd have to give him props for building such a nice case and putting my very first CPU ( *tear ) in it.

Agreed. It's like having a beautiful 1957 Corvette convertible, candy apple red with pearl white, classic rims, redone interior and when you open the hood you're expecting a worked out V8 only to find it's got a slant 6. :-/ Tsk tsk

I think it's more of a novelty/conversation piece

Its nice. Shows dedication and some attention to detail. But not my cup of tea.

Nebulous said:
Agreed. It's like having a beautiful 1957 Corvette convertible, candy apple red with pearl white, classic rims, redone interior and when you open the hood you're expecting a worked out V8 only to find it's got a slant 6. :-/ Tsk tsk

I think it's more of a novelty/conversation piece

good analogy :) but there is alot of unph in 6ers still ;P

>HyperlogiK< said:
The Sears Tower was a monumental engineering effort, but it's ugly as stink, as was the Hoover Dam and that's just a giant grey curbstone with some machinery inside.

Would you walk into a senior citizens home and say that to the face of someone who spent a large fraction of their life/career on either of those projects?

The point I'm trying to make is just this: If you can't say something nice/constructive, have the experience/qualifications to justly criticize the work before making a fool of yourself.

Back