• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 4670k or other Intel cpu? +which mobo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would go with the Asrock EX4 as they have high quality parts, Japanese Caps!! Worth the extra money!!

1, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157369

AJ.

Not a chance.
Not going more than 150 for motherboard. Even if it has 'intergrated cake baking system with real-life batman to talk to you'
So i am still thinking about that MSI board G-45 Gaming on Amazon for 130€
Even that would probably be an overkill for me, but i want to hear what others think about it, if it is a good choice or a fatal mistake.

Not a chance.
Not going more than 150 for motherboard. Even if it has 'intergrated cake baking system with real-life batman to talk to you'
So i am still thinking about that MSI board G-45 Gaming on Amazon for 130€
Even that would probably be an overkill for me, but i want to hear what others think about it, if it is a good choice or a fatal mistake.

The G45 is fine. The Z87A is fine. Either one will get you where you need to go. Honestly, just get the cheapest Z87 board you can that still has the connectivity features you're after (number of PCIE slots, number of USB3 headers, number of SATA ports, etc etc). And also, a board that has at least 8 power phases (look at the square blocks around the cpu socket. aim for 8).

BTW no motherboard has an integrated cake-baking system, or batman. At least not until you get into the $400 USD price range. Even then, they're not much better than easybake and the batman is often drunk and beligerant.

BTW no motherboard has an integrated cake-baking system, or batman. At least not until you get into the $400 USD price range. Even then, they're not much better than easybake and the batman is often drunk and beligerant.

:rofl:

You could always use the CPU heat to bake a cake even though it might take a while. And I'm sure with a Lil programming and electrical engineering under your belt Batman is a snap. Also with all the horrible things I've heard about msi i would not suggest it. I've seen to many stability problems

The G45 is fine. The Z87A is fine. Either one will get you where you need to go. Honestly, just get the cheapest Z87 board you can that still has the connectivity features you're after (number of PCIE slots, number of USB3 headers, number of SATA ports, etc etc). And also, a board that has at least 8 power phases (look at the square blocks around the cpu socket. aim for 8).

THATS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! What i have been trying to tell all along! I dont even like cakes as much! +I prefer Joker. :rofl:

So G45 Is not a fail?

You could always use the CPU heat to bake a cake even though it might take a while. And I'm sure with a Lil programming and electrical engineering under your belt Batman is a snap. Also with all the horrible things I've heard about msi i would not suggest it. I've seen to many stability problems

The MoBo isn't exactly going to be super overcloking ... :/

EDIT: What i was trying to say that im not trying to get great OC on it.

i heard of problems when going from load to idle when youre computer would just shut down out of nowhere. theres apparently entire threads dedicated to this.

Back