• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 install error 0x000035a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

agr1487

I just installed a new mobo and cpu and after a Win7 x64 install, the following error occurs when booting:

"File: \Windows\system32\boot\winload.exe Status: 0x000035a Info:Attempting to load a 64-bit application, however this cpu is not compatible with 64-bit mode"

mobo: D955XBK
cpu: intel 3.60ghz family 15 model 4 stepping 1

I know my mobo is x64 and i'm 'pretty' sure my cpu is x64. I've found limited results on google about the issue and haven't found a good solution. So if they are both x64, then how do I fix this issue?

I found 4 cpu's in that family that match your description Pentium 4 HT 660 SL7Z5 SL8PZ Pentium 4 HT 662 SL8QB SL8UP. They all support 64bit operation. Have you gone into your bios and switched it from 32bit to 64bit instruction. Because if you don't do this it wont install. That is the only thing that I can think of that would be causing your problem. And just a little advice, next time include the model name or number of the processor next time because it was a pain searching for what it was this way. Hope this helps.

I didn't see anything in the BIOS about switching the instruction and I've never seen that in a BIOS before.

just let me know how to find the cpu model name and number and i'll be happy to share it with you. that is the most info I could get out of all the places i knew to look; Sys Info, the registry, Aida32.

this was the source i found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Intel_64_.E2.80.93_NetBurst_microarchitecture

so this issue stumped this whole board? do you guys recommend a board that might have someone on it that could figure it out?

I have no idea what you're talking about... LOL

EDIT....
ok, I understand. there was nothing imprinted on the CPU.

Last edited:
Did you clean the thermal paste off of the processor? It should have an identification on the top. If for some weird reason there is no identification, then when your computer posts it will tell you the model of processor you have. Look high and low in your bios for the option to change from 32bit to 64bit. Open every option and look for one that has the number 32. If your board supports 64bit it should be in there somewhere.

jonas-sj, you resurrected an ancient thread. It would have been better to start your own thread.

Now, I presume you are replacing Windows XP 32-bit with Windows 7. Correct?

Is this a mass produced box store computer like Dell, HP or Gateway? If so, what model make and model is it? We really need to confirm the make and model of the CPU and if we have the make and model of the computer we can work from that perhaps unless someone has swapped out the original CPU.

Back