• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: January PiFast

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Great overclock, Mandrake!
Thanks Aldakoopa, I'm going to stick the box outside tonight and see if I can clock it higher.It's supposed to be in the 20's F tonight so maybe that will help. I'm not willing to raise the V Core any higher, I don't feel like killing my 8350 yet. :)

If you have a mechanical HDD, be aware that they don't like <0c much. Everything else should be fine at 20f. Do keep an eye on your CPU temps, if the water starts to freeze in your radiator (or in the GPU's heatpipes) things will get toasty fairly quickly!

If you have a mechanical HDD, be aware that they don't like <0c much. Everything else should be fine at 20f. Do keep an eye on your CPU temps, if the water starts to freeze in your radiator (or in the GPU's heatpipes) things will get toasty fairly quickly!

Last time I did that I noticed that the water starts freezing in the radiators very quickly once it stops flowing. Restarting after a BSOD, I could hear the small ice chunks moving for a few seconds. It doesn't take long.....

+1 to that.
The only meaningful downside is that you won't be as excited about benching on air anymore :D

Do it, so much fun. :)

+1 to that.
The only meaningful downside is that you won't be as excited about benching on air anymore :D

It's been in the front of my mind for a month or so now. I've got a list started (new motherboard and chip for my current rig to start - I'll be using the MVE obviously, and I think this chip might be decent), and I'll start making purchases soon. Might take me a bit to get there. In the meantime I'm still learning, figuring out the benchmarks and tweaks, and improving with what I've got. Might be getting a few vcards to bench next week :clap:.

I added up the sub-scores and got 16.36. What am I not understanding? :confused:

I am mobile right now so I can't look at the SS, but the score is at the bottom of the pifast windows. No need to do any addition.

I think he just misread the screen at first as it was posted as a 13.49 or something, which was the calculation time without the overheads added in. but all is good now.

Thanks for the heads up Bob. I'll definitely keep an eye on the temps, if I do it. I'm too tired and it's too damn cold out there right now. :)

A little late to the party, but here are some BGs you guys can use and still be within the rules...
I will be submitting an entry for this some time next week as well... And maybe one with sub-zero if I get my KV2 back in time before the end of January. :)

1024x768
BG_1024x768.jpg

1280x1024
BG_1280x1024.jpg

1920x1080
BG_1920x1080.jpg

AMD|trailertrash13|FX-8350|water|26.52
well i think this is as far as i can go on my meager oc skills. cant get past 5.2 no matter what i tried. got to post and to the windows logo flashing with its anamation but then it locks up.

Attachments

• pifast 26.52.png
    pifast 26.52.png
    428.8 KB · Views: 61
Have you tried using the ROG tools (whatever they're calling them these days) to raise the clocks from in windows?

Intel | Whiskey11 | 3770k | Water | 15.37

Only at 4.7GHz for my 24/7 Stable, may try higher for S&G's :D

EDITED for better score... I hear killing unnecessary tasks helps...

8353031619_d5320730ac_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back