• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: March Madness 3D Mark(Firestrike)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good score Dark!:thup:

You got that Classy flying man.

Thanks. Just messing around a bit while I drank some coffee and waited for the ice company to open.

What Whiskey said is right though, and has me a little confused as well. HWBOT rules say no GPU PhysX, but I don't see an option anywhere to disable it. GPUZ reports it being used. Can someone clarify?

Thanks. Just messing around a bit while I drank some coffee and waited for the ice company to open.

What Whiskey said is right though, and has me a little confused as well. HWBOT rules say no GPU PhysX, but I don't see an option anywhere to disable it. GPUZ reports it being used. Can someone clarify?

I don't have an nvidia card in my rig ATM. so here goes my best try :p

-Open Nvidia CP, click on set PhysX configuration.
-In the drop down box select CPU.
physx.png
-Once done, open GPUz and ensure the PhysX box isn't checked.
Phyx2.jpg

Run benches :thup:

Single|MetalRacer|GTX Titan|Stock|10516

Capture036401.jpg

These monthly comps seem to be turning into a hardware competition lately :( if you have the hardware you don't even need to overclock it to win the month.

I know that I don't have a shot but it's still fun, that's why I do it.

Agree with Keny, I'm not sure where is that fun when you can't even compete with others and monthly stage just ends for most participants in the 1st competition day ... but what can I know ...

Unfortunately with comps like this there is no way to please everyone.

I have done my best to ensure that the point system works and isn't too broken.

Also trying to make it fair for different HW. FX couldn't compete in our single threaded 2d benches so I put in cinebench.

This month favors newer cards and multi cards but next month the bench doesn't scale with gpu's and isn't great on new cards. Hint hint :p

The ongoing nature of this comp helps to keep things from getting to out of hand. After this month there is still 3 more 3D benches before this wraps up. So there is still plenty of time left. :)

I failed to follow instructions :chair:; my new, improved submission, now without Physics; but wait, there's more:

single|Robert17|GTX460 SC|stock|2573

OCF March Firestrike bench 2Mar13.gif

I wanted to run this earlier, then I saw the download was ~1Gb. That's a bit ridiculous if you ask me.

Ps. I don't know which competition you're talking about. What bench did Super make a comp around?

I'm not flaming the comp in general as any comp is a good comp, but it gets a bit silly when someone with a Titan running stock can crucify someone running LN2 on a different card, theres no incentive for anyone to put any effort into trying to max there hardware when they know its not going to be competitive no matter what, btw I love these team comps and there one thing I look forward to come the end of the month, but as of late it just seems to be "if you have the hardware" you have Won.

Big love to Ben for organising these, I know it takes a LOT of time to keep thse things going:salute:

Alright, ran it without PhysX:

Single|Whiskey11|EVGA 660Ti Superclocked|Stock (Reference)|5095
8522131613_705e6ce0b4_h.jpg

I also ran it with the driver's enabled... I did my usual "shut down all non-necessary applications" and it included the NVidia Inspector too so the last run was without the NVidia Inspector on! :D Silly me!

Not terribly thrilled with my awesome FPS on the Combined test... but... yeah.

Last edited:
Back