• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glorious Leader!!! I challenge you to a duel!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Let's shoot for Saturday. :)

I hope that you guys finish this before 12PM because that is when I have to go to work on Saturday:thup:. Excuse me if I root for Convicted1 seeing as he is going to be using my chip and all:D. May the best overclocker win.:salute:

Saturday works good for me!

I'll go get some LN2 Friday evening.

Man... I'm lookin' forward to this.

What benches we wanna do?

Max frequency obviously... But what else you wanna throw in there?

Wanna set a time limit? Or just go till we both feel like throwin' in the towel or run out of LN2?

Sp32m is probably a good one as well as frequency. If the chips are similar, good ram can compensate for a weaker chip.

We can go until one of us runs out of ln2, or stomps the other into submission. ;)

I could probably supply two E6300s or E6550s for this from Dell PCs that are going to surplus.

For benches, I think 32m may be a bit difficult for a one-night thing because of all of the tweaking and the length of the benchmark. I would think 1M and then maybe Wprime could be better?

I could probably supply two E6300s or E6550s for this from Dell PCs that are going to surplus.

For benches, I think 32m may be a bit difficult for a one-night thing because of all of the tweaking and the length of the benchmark. I would think 1M and then maybe Wprime could be better?

You are probably right. The other benches provide a better quick punch. 32m could be tricky, but its one of the only ones where something other than CPU speed is pretty important... Whoever wins CPU freq should also take the rest of 2D except perhaps 32m, though I guess it doesn't always work out that way.

Thanks for the CPU offers, we both have 641's so I think we're going with those. :)

Since I threw down the challenge I'll let Matt choose the benches...

So you still thinking 32m? I like the idea myself. Like ya said... gives the guy with the slower chip a fighting chance... plus... it allows for more tweaking.

The only possible problem I see is a shortage of LN2 on my end. I only have 30L at my disposal... which will probably be 25 after boiling off on the drive home and overnight. We all know how much 32M likes to eat LN2.

I'm good with anything though... Just throwing some pros and cons out there.

Should be enough for these old chips I think. If not, we'll call it over when the first person runs out. :) These things aren't too bad on the LN2 though.

So CPU Freq, wp32, and sp32m?

Wow... That's pretty early.

Any chance we can bump it back a few hours?

If not... I'll make it work... But a few hours later would be much better for me.

Might just keep the wife happy versus having her mad at me all weekend! LOL

i hope you do but still tomorrow.

id love to work on a ATV and still have time to watch

Back