• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Bug Code Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Hi People

Lately I've been having issue with any Wireless Keyboard and mouse upon booting up sometimes or now most the devices just dont work mosue pointer wont move keyboard wont type. I have to sometimes to the soft shut down (hold power button for 15 sec) and try again if not again with the soft shut down and switch it off at the PSU.

After waiting 5 mins switching it back on at the PSU and trying again it will work for now lately when booting from sleep mode say if I put it to sleep and forget and turn everything off at the mains during the night. And I switch it back on the next day it will take a while (as normal) to load back the state it remembers but I will then get a BSOD USB Bug Code Error.

Any ideas on what this means please say my USB ports are going cause I am hoping to sell this and put towards a new upgrade.

Many thanks

Plug some other USB devices into those same ports and see if the problem carries over. It is also possible that the keyboard/mouse radio dongle is going bad or has a flaky driver.

Plug some other USB devices into those same ports and see if the problem carries over. It is also possible that the keyboard/mouse radio dongle is going bad or has a flaky driver.

Strangly I tried another wireless/Mouse combo and it sometimes does the same refuses to work upon boot up to the desktop I thought it was maybe the AMD Smbus driver or AHCI one.

I just did a format anyway as it was needed I re-installed Win 7 and installed DX9 rebooted then did the AHCI driver from AMD and it BSOD just at the 4 colour orbs and kept doing it. Odd cause the 11.12 AHCI driver installed fine the new 12.2 package which is now combined wont.

Are there new chipset drivers available for your motherboard from the mfg?

Are there new chipset drivers available for your motherboard from the mfg?

No last ones they did where from 2009 if I want latest ones I have to go to AMD I've managed to find the old 11.12 they where very stable butI have only installed the AHCI driver not the SMbus I have left the standard Win 7 drivers for that and everything seems to fine so far hopefully

Back