• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Halloween Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You could put on a scary movie to scare the kids, like the Mike Myers movies... what were they called "Halloween" something?

Holloween, Holloween 2, Holloween 3, Holloween 4 (maybe)? continues for like 999999 movies.. hehe

Had I known I woulda shipped him the 15" CRT I threw out last night. I have 21", 19", 17", and 15" CRT monitors that are extra at my house. The 15" was just pointless. Compaq peice of JUNK!

ghettocomp said:
Now the ISP is claiming they are "undergoing Maintenance" when I try to upload pics.
Bear with me, more are on the way!
Hurry up! Aren't the kids showing up at your house already?! :D

its brilliant.. its p*ss*n it down with rain here. so all the chav kids are at home. hahaha. never answer the door to um anyway. little sh*ts it nearly midnight here in the uk... you all your fun ahead of you... good luck with ya mod dude. nextime make it b4 and coat it with fiberglass resin.. should preserve it for years to come

No Joy, still cant upload pics! :mad:
nearly done too. I loaded a blue CCD and covered the inside with a white paper, make it glo very interestingly, big bright blue spider lookin thing...

I got a couple of pics up but not all ..
this is the motherboard pocket that will be inside the plastic bag
Pumpkin17.jpg

Pumpkin19.jpg

This is ganna be the most powerfull pumpkin on the earth.. for about 3 days?

Im going to have to post the last few pics of this in the morning, it looks just too
cool. Unfortunately Workhas this way of getting into my modding time :( and
problems with the ISP were giving me fits :mad: I Pretty much think it was my modem.
not to mention that the ISP seems to have a problem with my Smoothwall setup.

So you didn't get to scare anyone with the "Halloween" movies... this thread is now pointless!!! :) jk... I'm going to bed now... maybe you'll have some pix when I get up in 4.5 hours? lol

I never get any sleep. I have to stop playing with my video cards!

Well Yesterday was fun. would have been more so I i didn't have to work
and try to finish this in a hurry. :D
First pic here is of the cooling assembly. I used some scotch tape to hold
the fans onto the foam board box. One fan was to push air in, the other
would suck it all out. then the PSU would draw the extra hot air out of the pumpkin entirely (I hope)
Pumpkin20.jpg

The CCD light that would give the pumpkin its glow was fastened to the other
side to the motherboard pocket. this is on the same side as the carved image.
Pumpkin21.jpg

This picture shows everything is attached and packaged up in the plastic bag.
I later found out that I would have to remove the Motherboard from this pocket
then insert everything else. when the pocket was seated good, then I would attach
everything to the motherboard and carefully slide it back down into the
pumpkin. Otherwise it would not fit at all.
Pumpkin22.jpg

The Hard drive would be the absoolute last thing that is put into the pumpkin. I am not sure where the picture is of that, but it was quite a tight fit inside!

A first test of the light, and.... THis LooKS COOl!
Pumpkin32.jpg

Because the pumpkin was not that big, I opted to have the PSU hang out the back a little. Not too bad. Off to the side I had to make a quickie hole to pass the Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse & LAN cables. works for me.. :D
Pumpkin33.jpg

All powered up and running (windows 98, already had a Hard Drive loaded with it)
great fun. Left it folding all night while I was at work. :( those mobo/CPU combos
do not work very well for folding. but they are really good for this kind of project :)
Pumpkin34.jpg

I probably should have chosen a different picture. This one looks
more like a crab to me.

Well, that was fun, If I had more time, I would have found a way to have the pumpkin sitting on a platform of some kind. That way I would not have had to stick an old chunk of the gourd up under the front to hold it more upright.

Eat your hearts out ]H[! I think this one looks better! Just too bad I didn't have the CD installed too, This one would have been absolutely perfect!

Could you still jam an optical in there somewhere?

Dude... so freakin' creative, tho... and you did that fast!

If I stick the CD Drive in, then the light for the carving would be completely blocked or would have been uneven, like a big blue stripe down the middle. It would have been cool to have the drive push the top up to load in a CD!

Seems this High Tech Gourd wont last long. It is starting to dry out and shrink (A LOT!) it is going to be difficult to get the mobo out without cutting.

*finds chain saw*

here you go mate, have at it.

looks good..tobad you cant keep it good looking..

Back