• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For about 20'' inches away what would be the right size for me a 24'' or a 27''

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolf11

I can't decide between a 27'' 1440p or a 24'' 1080p. I'm currently using a 32'' 1080p HDTV and it's about 20'' inches away from me and it's just is too big and I think the PPI is too low for this close and I get bogeyed eyed. Not sure if I should go with either the 27'' or the 24''.

For about 20'' inches away what would be the right size for me you think ? I want to make sure I'm getting right sized monitor and not what would look cool.

I moved up from a 24" to a 27" two years ago and haven't looked back. Going back down to a 24" at this point would be unthinkable to me. But I'm not you, and the only way you will know is if you try it.

This might be a odd question, but I've looked at peoples photos of their pc setups and it seems like 20-24'' is pretty much average distance.

Would this statement be correct: a 27'' 1080p monitor might fatigue your eyes more because of lower PPI than if it was a 1440p ? and or basically higher resolution usually means you force your eyes less ? is this true or not. thanks

It won't fatigue your eyes, or at least not mine. But it does look noticeably worse than 1440p to me. My parents have a 27" 1080p monitor and when I am working on their computer I can use it fine, but it doesn't look nearly as sharp as my 1440p.

Back