• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Change team location to international?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Should Our BOINC SETI Team's "Country" Be Changed To "International"?

• No. Keep the country as the United States

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • Yes. Change the country to International

Votes: 48 64.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryfe

I was looking over the top teams list and noticed that a fair number of the top teams have their location showing as international.
I know this team has plenty of users who aren't in the US (including me). What do you guys think, should we change our location to international?

*EDIT: Now there's a poll, so vote!

Last edited:
But we're number one in the US :clap: , and the US is number one in the country stats :clap: !! If we change to international we drop back to being the number 5 team in the 36th position :cry: :cry:

But we're number one in the US

with the help of non us friends;-)

there are several pros and contras, both is valide.

whats the definition of "International", 50 % of member outside the native country?
Could it be a question of number?

perhaps a poll could give some more basic informations about needed/accepted/desired/refused/gusted

over the net, borders dosn't more exits.

I agree fully and think it's long overdue. 50% of the top ten in boinc seti alone are not in the US. Precisely because this is a borderless, team-oriented endeavour we should be listed as international.

Although 50% of top10 aren't US, thats only 5 people. There are 43 out of 220 people that are non us, not exactly a nice extrapilation. Anyways, i dont really care if its international or US.

I'm one of the non us team mates !! Go Sweden...;-) :welcome:

I think international seems like a better name when there are
so many non us people in the team !!

Just my thoughts.. :)

The Wizard

For BOINC Steti out of 225 listed at BOINCstats.com 179 US, 13 Canada, 8 UK, 2 New Zealand, 3 Sweden, 2 China, 1 Costa Rica, 1 Sinagapore, 1 Sweden, 1 Croatia, 1 Cambodia, 1 Mexico, 1 Portugal, 1 Slovakia, 1 Belgium, 1 South Africa, 1 Ireland, 1 Bulgaria, 1 Greece, 1 Argentina, 1 Netherlands. Close as I could get just browsing the flags, apologies if I missed anyone or mispelled any names.
There 1757 members listed for Seti Classic but no real way to tell were from.
One thing this shows for BOINC at least is that though the numbers of non-US members are not high they sure are diverse, I thought we had some members from Japan also though.

Edit: Realy don't care where the Team say's it's from, just hate to give up number one anywhere, any time. :p

I think that the people on our team that are from other countries may possibly want to vote on that !!!!! Have you ever thought that most of them may want to be on a US team. I think we ought to give a welcome and thanks to the other countries on our team for all their efforts in helping OCforums/Overclockers.com Seti/Boinc Teams when they could have very well of joined a team of their own country or another ; and did not choose so :clap:
"Thanks ; for all your help and support for this team in your help in makeing this team the best in the World and what this team is today :clap:

Nicely said RajaUSA.

I'm from the good old US of A and i could care less which flag we use. I think makes sense to use the international one as we are very diverse. It may be a good idea to have a poll to see what people think

This is something I noticed a long time ago and it's been bugging ever since. The team name is Overclockers.com, it's general, not like if it was Overclockers USA or something. If it was that, I would've never joined!!! We should definitely change it. When I created the Einstein team I of course chose international...

I'm turning this into a poll under the request of Stryfe (since I see no serious need to create another thread with this one already here :D). Go ahead and cast your votes folks! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~
Personally, I think that it should be made into an International team. Even though we're composed of mostly US members, a scan through the users will reveal that quite a number are not. This forum is truly an international forum, and our teams should be as well (regardless of the comparitive few non-American SETI members we may have) IMHO.

JigPu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back