• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI NF750-G55

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A few years ago we did it with jumpers. Per chance would that still be the case here on this board?

Can you explain the 'jumpers' process?

Do you mean the jumper process specifically for your board with regard to the immediate problem? I can't do that. I don't own your board.

Or do you mean "what are jumpers" in general terms? Changing the jumpers means moving the little connectors that bridge pins on the mother board. A common example that still exists is resetting the cmos by moving the jumper from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3. Some years ago all hardware settings changes on motherboards were accomplished this way; for example changing the CPU voltage or changing the CPU frequency.

On a motherboard I once had I had the option of either LED status lights or front panel USB. To choose one or the other required moving a jumper.

Last edited:
I just meant jumpers in general. Okay, so what do you think is a good way to at least dim them or something? I'm guessing Sharpie? But also wat if I cracked them, would that affect anything or only the lights?

If i were you i would coat the leds with clear fingernail polish, then come back once its dry with a coat of whatever color you want. You could really just put a dot to keep the leds from blinding you when you walk by but still be able to see them on as they do server a purpose.

I just did it right now. I put some sharpie over it, it dimmed it. Then, I got some black tape and just put a little box over the area of the LEDs. So, they don't flash out of my case anymore which is good. I just felt like finding out if there's any setting just to turn them off instead of having to put stuff over it, but it's all good. Thanks, anyway!

Okay, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably notice that when the light out of the case is brighter.

Just for future reference black fingernail polish works wonders. Just one small dot in the center takes all the brightness out but still leaves some light at the edges. Black Sharpie's are good, too! :) I've used both ...

I sharpied those lights. But accept for the extremely bright lights I love this motherboard. Being a former intel/ati only user, never thought I'd own an nvidia chipset.

Back