• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Control NB_FAN speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0st_12

Registered
Hey guys. I have a Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard and was wondering how do i control the NB_FAN speeds
i cant do it through SpeedFan and im pretty sure the bios has nothing about it. any help is appreciated
thanks guys

Most boards that I know of only allow you to control PWM fans, such as the CPU fan or whatever PWM fan you plug into a PWM header (has 4 pins/wires). Normal 3pin/wire fans can't really be controlled other than by a fan controller or whatnot.

alright thanks a bunch man. i was also wondering if i plug a y splitter into the cpu fan header can i still PWM the 2 fans plugged into it?

That's highly unrecommended. Unless the 2 fans you plan to use are exactly the same, it probably wont work, and having 2 on a single PWM channel might double the actual RPM lead and cause unpredictable behavior. Besides I've never seen a 4 pin/wire y-splitter. I'd recommend searching in the power supply section. I've seen tons of homemade PWM fan controllers and mods.

Back