• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi K9A2VM-F V2 any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnny0

Hi guys i would like to know if anyone has any experience with this motherboard K9A2VM-F V2, is it any good for overclocking an amd 245 processor.im just trying to find a good motherboard for my amd 245 processor?

What do the reviewers on NewEgg say about it? Not that there aren't some idiot reviews on Egg but if there are enough reviews for a product you can usually get a good idea what the strengths, weaknesses, and potential problems with a board are. Sometimes a board will have a problem or a weakness but it won't affect you because you don't use that feature or there is a work-around.

Hi Johnny.

I just bought one for myself, but haven't chosen cpu yet.
I'll give a few notes from my experience with the board as soon as I get it up and running. ;) I'm desperately seeking info if it's possible to pull out DVI/HDMI signals from the 780V chip, or the motherboard somehow, since I'd like to use it as a HTPC,eventually with a MSI Radeon 5770 PM1DG 1Gb GDDR5 card,and an EMU 0404 PCI soundcard for recording music.
If I use the 5770,I don't need to take the digital video signal from the mobo,but I hoped I could use that card in another pc,and use the 780V's Radeon 3200( ? ) for UVD movie viewing.

My last MSI mobo (K9A2-CF-F Rev 1.0) burned up, due to a 350W psu, a HT-linkspeed of 250-260MHz and running BOINC
with an AMD Athlon II Quadcore 620 CPU with no restrictions on cpu usage. :-| Noble,maybe, or just plain stupid of me,but I hope I've learned something from it.

See you laetr then.

Best regards from
Chiron, Bergen
No( r )way

There's plenty of good boards around to choose from what's your budget and what else are you putting in the system?

Back