• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheGr8s1

Is it safe to use a 9700PRO bios on my Sapphire 9700np? I read that someone had done this to increase performance. Does it really work? Are the performance gains good?

yup the only difference with 9700 & 9700pro is the clock speeds & memory, plus the 9700 is locked(meaning u have to unlock it by flashing the bios) so i think u have to find the right bios and flash ur 9700

I found a 9700pro bios in the Rage3D forum by a user named Mufu but it doesn't work on my Sapphire 9700np. I have the Samsung memory on my video card. I also think I have that mysterious cap on the back of my card. Are there a variety of 9700pro BIOS versions? Which is the right one? I'm stuck at 310mhz memory speed.

i tried mufu's bios and it works. had to use powerstrip to recognize default 9700pro speeds. rage3d still sees it as 9700np speeds by default. now i can up my memory to 310mhz which is the default now. my max b4 was at 3-6mhz stable. not much of an increase but at least now i'm running a full fledged 9700pro.

clocked my card to 370/310 and no problems whatsoever.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Just recieved my Thermaltake Giant 2. Slapped it on my vga card and it's stable at 370/326. Gonna let it burn-in then maybe up it a little more.

Back