• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Announcing Sandy/Ivy Superpi Challenge

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
we really hope to have others join in. hoping they see it as fun and join us

Name|CPU|cooling|Time
PenguinsPal| 2500K |Hyper212+|7.519
Earthdog|3770k|custom water|7.310
Jason4207|3570k|H70|7.741
Dejo|2600k| |6.875
Operant|3770k|air|6.890
ChanceCoats123|2600k|air|7.000
Bobnova|3570k|TRUE|7.488
Robert17|3770k|H60 |8.507
\dev\goat|2600k|water|7.051
Quickfast|3570k|H100|6.938
FleXorz|3770k|H60|7.051
GoD_tattoo|2600k|air|6.982
Pierre3400|3770k|H70|8.721
dtrunk|3570k|custom water|7.190
Dark_n_Beyond|3570k|custom water|7.417
DOM|3770k|tt big typhoon|6.953
lilchronic|3570k|H100|7.406
quityourbitchin|3570k||7.629

I think I have everyone. Let me know if I missed you.
If everyone could format their results, it would be very easy to add to the table.
Like this"Name|cpu|cooling type|time" -without the ".
Example: Earthdog|3770k|custom water|7.310

Last edited:
I am now trying to get setup to do a little testing. Hopefully I can have some of my own results soon.

I would be benching already, but, for a noob to all of this bb stuff, that table stuff took some time to figure out.

Last edited:
wish I still had my 2600k could of done 5.5-5.6 on normal cooling lol

Ivy is a pita with out cold but for some reason I can get it to oc more on the OCF then MVG wth haha

Well, I just killed my windows XP install. Can't seem to find the boot.ini file for it so I'm not sure how this is going to work out

wow i may still have a chance, ram is overclocking nice 2200 right now on stock volt plus 5.3ghz should take it- 80'f right now in my house with windows open will bench later when temps cool down hope i just didn't put my foot in my mouth lol

I thought i was crazy- 5.7 and 5.6 on air my balls an't that big

If you've got it tweaked right with the right OS, those settings should take first place. An Ivy chip over 5300 will beat out pretty much any SB chip when it comes to air cooling. :thup:

Well, I just killed my windows XP install. Can't seem to find the boot.ini file for it so I'm not sure how this is going to work out

Sometimes this just means your RAM is set too high.
Other times, the windows install really is dead and it's time to start over.
Welcome to benching :D

Sometimes this just means your RAM is set too high.
Other times, the windows install really is dead and it's time to start over.
Welcome to benching :D

Nah, it was a boot.ini issue. Couldn't find the file so I reinstalled. Then my windows 7 partition decided it wanted to kick the bucket. Just got that repaired, so now it's time to get XP back on so I can start this up again.

On an unrelated note, is it alright if I send you a PM bob? Need your quick personal opinion :)

A quick note:

While this is a friendly comp and not actually involving HWBot at all, I would like to lay out the minimum SS requirements.
The screenshot below is a perfect example of what is needed (it's not mine, it's a submission from someone else to this comp):

sp2.png

The SPI1M calculation window, CPUz Memory, and CPUz CPU with the full clocks used to run the bench shown.
If you absolutely positively cannot open CPUz at the full clocks due to instability, downclocking a bit is fine. Please tell us what the full clocks were.
If you have left power saving features on and the CPU is downclocking, please run something to make the CPU come out of power saving and show the full clocks used, and then take the SS.

There aren't going to be penalties for not following the above rules, but it's a very good habit to get into. If you have a winning score, please please follow them!

Bobnova|3570k|TRUE|7.488

7.488.png

I need to get my benching drive back and slap XP on it.
I also need a better air chip.

I don't have any Intel gear to participate on this thing... So I will just leave this little "tip" for those of you looking for more efficiency out of your rigs...

microXP 0.82

Google it, download it, install it --> Profit.

PenguinsPal|2500K|Hyper212+|7.519

picture.php

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Just thought I would throw this up. Maybe I should try tweeking a bit ;)

Last edited:
Well, I've officially hit a wall. Maxed out the voltage available on my motherboard (1.7V). 5.3GHz is a no go. In other news, I did manage to tie dejo's score. Ram won't do anything more either. Looks like it may be time for a trip to the egg.

Well, I've officially hit a wall. Maxed out the voltage available on my motherboard (1.7V). 5.3GHz is a no go. In other news, I did manage to tie dejo's score. Ram won't do anything more either. Looks like it may be time for a trip to the egg.

I would guess that you have the lead and the "Ive got balls award" so far. bravo, 1.7v and the chip lived. nice

I would guess that you have the lead and the "Ive got balls award" so far. bravo, 1.7v and the chip lived. nice

I'm honestly shocked something didn't blow up. I'm just glad intel offers that overclocking warranty so I can always have it replaced if it dies.

And I don't have the lead, we are tied :thup:

Back