• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 monitors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anything important to look for when buying a 3 monitor set up for gaming? (Besides the thin bezel) Thank you lol didn't know they were out there.

My laptop in sig has 2 mini HDMI and one HDMI out... and can support 3 monitors, 4 if you count the laptop itself. DVI or HDMI is what you want (I have heard not that big of a difference since they are both digital), but avoid analog (serial port connector)... also Look for a good refresh rate (120Mhz?), and low response time (~1ms)

edit...Don't buy an anolog monitor because its cheap and use an adaptor... its ok tho if it has that option of a connector, but as long as you have DVI/HDMI also, use those
edit 2... That's whats best for gamin, but if you are not a "hardcore gamer" you can still go with analog, but you will possibly lose out on some settings, and it can lag more

I've dropped $4,200 on this rig so far, not going cheap on the monitors lol
Thank You, I'll look around and post what I end up buying

sorry, went to bed! LOL!.... one technique to do with your monitors, place the bezel on the left/right monitors just behind the middle monitors bezels to help reduce the over all gap. will make it look like one bezel.

Back