• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do ya'll need folder's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4thKor

Registered
I'm folding on four systems; [email protected] on GA-EP35, [email protected] on GA-EP45, PhII [email protected] on ASUS M5A97, and [email protected] on ASRock A75 Pro4. I've been folding for about three weeks and have accrued 308,000 points (Current PPD total 30,639). I only fold with Windows client due to router configurations. I am waiting on arrival of my "new" Q9550 on Asus P5QPL-AM that I will probably mount on the EP45 mobo and OC to the max (Q6600 on P5Q). This will give me five rigs folding 24/7. I have several issues, one with FahMon. I can't seem to find the right files to get it to work. I see you guys advertise helping newbies out, and I am definitely in need of some help! All of my systems are set up with a different passcode. I have been folding with a competitor but have been unsuccssful in getting any help on what most may deem as small issues, I feel mainly because I'm not folding on "big boy" I-7's and such. If you guys are interested, and would be willing to offer a little assistance (and maybe a lot!), I think I may be interested in changing who I fold for. Otherwise I'm just going to put all of my clients back to "anonymous" and fold for what this is really all about, furthuring the study of diseases and their cures and/or treatments. My boss suffers from Osteogenisis Imperfecta (brittle bones disease) and is confined to a wheelchair. His spine has deteriorated 13% in the last six months. That is why I fold, not for glory or points or recognition. At the same time I would like to be involved with a group of like-minded people who can appreciate my efforts.

Hey! Another Missourian!

Welcome to OCF!

We're always lookin' for people to join our "teams" here...

Having said that... I myself don't know much about your problems... BUT... Rest assured... Somebody will be along soon to help ya.

Again... Welcome to OCF!

-David

Thanks! I'm not a total moron, but I do need some help and I have a ton of questions. I'm currently perusing the forums to see what info I can glean and just check everything out. I signed up for OCF a little while back and haven't visited in awhile.

Hi there :)

I was almost surprised to hear you had an unhelpful forum, but guess I am used to the lovely folks here ~_^

This is probably an easy one. I am guessing you are using the 7.1.52 client?
Unfortunately FahMon is not compatible with this newer folding client, last I checked pretty recently.

I would link you to the excellent folding monitor - HFM.NET created and regularly updated by harlam357 from our own forums :salute:

Full of useful features and info ^^

If you need any help with anything I am sure you will find Plenty of willing volunteers here. We have one of the most active folding forums I have encountered

Oh, and Welcome to Here, I hope you enjoy your stay :thup:

I'm folding on four systems; [email protected] on GA-EP35, [email protected] on GA-EP45, PhII [email protected] on ASUS M5A97, and [email protected] on ASRock A75 Pro4. I've been folding for about three weeks and have accrued 308,000 points (Current PPD total 30,639). I only fold with Windows client due to router configurations. I am waiting on arrival of my "new" Q9550 on Asus P5QPL-AM that I will probably mount on the EP45 mobo and OC to the max (Q6600 on P5Q). This will give me five rigs folding 24/7. I have several issues, one with FahMon. I can't seem to find the right files to get it to work. I see you guys advertise helping newbies out, and I am definitely in need of some help! All of my systems are set up with a different passcode. I have been folding with a competitor but have been unsuccssful in getting any help on what most may deem as small issues, I feel mainly because I'm not folding on "big boy" I-7's and such. If you guys are interested, and would be willing to offer a little assistance (and maybe a lot!), I think I may be interested in changing who I fold for. Otherwise I'm just going to put all of my clients back to "anonymous" and fold for what this is really all about, furthuring the study of diseases and their cures and/or treatments. My boss suffers from Osteogenisis Imperfecta (brittle bones disease) and is confined to a wheelchair. His spine has deteriorated 13% in the last six months. That is why I fold, not for glory or points or recognition. At the same time I would like to be involved with a group of like-minded people who can appreciate my efforts.

^I apologize for not reading most of your post, but the endless paragraph of unformatted information is very hard to read. Especially for users with 1920px+ wide monitors and those who's second language is english. We still love ya, but please spend a few minutes breaking your questions up into more readable blocks next time.

That out of the way, we can always use the efforts of more folders and are happy to help you anyway we can!!

I apologize for the "endless paragraph". I see how it is difficult to read.

On the multiple passcode issue. I was told to have a passcode for each machine. In reality this has made it almost impossible to track which machine is doing the best. I am able to only have one rig in the Team Competition. After futile efforts of determining the best performer I have basically become quite frustrated which is one of the reasons for seeking a different avenue for FAH.

Can I run just one passcode with all four machines in the OCF Folding competition? If so it would make my life so much simpler!

Yes, just one passkey is required.

The passkey is to help Stanford identify you as well.....you. (As well as being tied to bonus points.)

You should enter "your" passkey each time you setup a client. Not necessarily a different passkey......

Don't forget to D/L & setup HFM.NET

Will make tracking your rigs so much easier. :thup:

foldon.gif

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Next question: Will my accrued points transfer or am I "starting over"?
BTW, I do have HFM, but haven't been able to do much with it, probably due to the multiple passkeys.

Points are tied to user name / passkey combo.

So you can continue on from your current points from one passkey. (Which ever one you choose to use from now on.)

:welcome: Just so you know you can always find help here ,regardless of team affiliation.
Hope you do choose Team 32 ....its also easier to type 32 then annonymouse. :)

Good to have you with us!
Between your systems you are adding a nice contribution to the cause, I hope it makes the difference where it counts ;)

Yea, I do to! The system hasn't caught up with me yet, so I'll have to wait to add my badge. I found the thread on how to do it.

Also, I have a Q9550 on the way and am looking for a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P or R mobo. I got my Cooler Master TPC-812 today. Still need a case, PSU, and cheap graphics card. The Q is sitting on an Asus P5QPL-AM now, so the mobo is not that neccessary right now, but I'd sure like to find one for the right price. These guys on eBay think they're made of gold!

Back