• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help with my new case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

I'm building a case of my own, and I plan on using alot of plexiglass or lexan for it. I looked at the sticky already in the forum, and even went to that website and a 24" X 24" of .5" thick polycarbonate would cost be no less the $110! I really can't afford that, so I was wondering if you guys new anywhere else to get this stuff for cheap. I need 1 sheet atleast 2, 18.5" X 25", one 9"X18.5" and another one 9"X25", and one more atleast 12"X12". If anyone can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciated it. Thanx.

OK I'm no expert, but a few quick notes I think that 1/2 and inch of lexan is a little much, the strength of that is in the bullet stopping range you may want to consider a thinner sheet, a quarter inch is usually more than sufficient for most purposes. A sheet of that thickness should cost significantly less if you look it up on the website suggested in the sticky. Otherwise you can try to get some lexan at Home Depot, but it will be something like 1/8 inches thick, and will be very flexible.
Hope this helps,
xb-70

yeah you could probably support your car with 1/2 inch lexan. WAY overkill for a computer case.

Back