• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7900gtx and Accelero X1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

warenb

I have an Asus 7900gtx with the stock heatsink and fan on it. It currently takes up two slots and I plan on switching to SLI before I upgrade video cards (unless I get a really good job and then an amazing card comes out). I don't really want one of the cards right in front of the other's fan. It says it supports 7900gtx but I want to know how it compares to stock since the stock is pretty beefy with heat pipes and such.

7900GTX is using super huge HSF, but it is also quite noisy, I haven't tested this HSF because it is not aftermarket HSF and 7900GTX is fat too expensive.

I guest the performance of 7900GTX HSF is unbeatable but also quite noisy at full speed.
You can post your 3D marks 06 temp result in here with your expected temp and noise then we can analyze whether you need to change your HSF or not.:>

I don't need to change HSF but if the X1 can save me some space and get me better temps, then i'm all for it. I also am asking if anyone has tried it because I want to be totally sure it'll fit. Didn't know you could find temps in 3dmark06, i'll look into that later.

Back