• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XBOX 360 and VGA input nitpicks (slight blur)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zewt

I recently hooked up my 360 to my 19" widescreen Samsung SyncMaster 941bw. Now, it is really convenient having both my pc and my 360 hooked up to the same monitor, but I noticed that the picture quality for the 360 is less than what I want. Of course the gfx are still spectcular, and that is to be expected, but I feel as if I am seeing a slight blurriness (maybe "softness" would be a better word) when I play 360 games on this monitor. (the resolution for 360 mode is the second highest available in the dashboard.)

Do any of you have experience with running a 360 on a similar monitor via VGA? What kind of results did you get and were you happy with them? Thanks in advance.

I run my xbox360 on my Syncmaster 204B through VGA input. There is a softness to the dash in some Live! games but I have not noticed any in non-live games. I could barely tell the difference between my monitor and my Samsung LCD TV, but the TV did not have the softness in the dash. What is the exact resolution you are using?

Hey Maviryk, I am originally from Ft Wayne. Graduated from Elmhurst. My mom still lives there.

Yeah, I have my 360 hooked up to a 1680 x 1050 panel and it looks blurry too because I have to set it to 12blahblah x 720, which is to be expected because it is an LCD. I wish MS would update it with (full) support for (16:10 aspect ratio) wide screen resolutions...

With my 1440x900 hyundai i found that 720p gave the best results as any res over that the monitor scaled to 1024x768.
I hope your not using the Madcats VGA lead its really crappy.

Back