• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 @ 4.0GHz on air!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

I'm sure I'm not the first to get here, but I'm pretty happy I'm able too! It's not prime95 stable. But I ran superpi 1M & 4M, and 3DMark01 successfully:D

with the zalmen cooler?

No, it's a Zalman cooler;) I think my ambient tremps were about 15C at the time (cool morning with the window open, side of case removed).
I'm still waiting on my TRUE to arrive (Jab-tech says it may have been lost in the mail).

So what's your max temp @ daily OC?

I've been working on finding my max 24/7 clocks. Right now I'm priming with 8x450 (3.6GHz), 2 hours stable right now! The cores are registering 56-57-65-65 in Speedfan (add 15 and you get 71-72-80-80) Tcase shows 77C, my ambient temp is about 18C right now and the side of the case is on, but the front door is open. I only have 3 case fans (2 exhaust, and 1 interior), plus 1 on the video card & the one on the Zalman cooler which is the only one running faster than 1200RPM (at load it's screaming at 2700RPM) I can hardly wait for that TRUE and some peace and quite. I'd like to get it up to a solid 3.0GHz or so for 24/7 operation.

71-72-80-80 ... Tcase shows 77C

You've got guts man. Seriously. Run coretemp to verify your core readings, but I'd back of before frying your nice quad-core CPU. Try to keep your max temperature >25c away from TjunctionMax(100c on a G0). Run what you can while keeping your cores < 75c. Just my $.02; it's your funeral! :eek:

Nice I have a mobo which won't accept penryn a G0 like this would be mighty good.
What is this true you are waiting for ? Never heard of any cooler by this name.

Nice I have a mobo which won't accept penryn a G0 like this would be mighty good.
What is this true you are waiting for ? Never heard of any cooler by this name.
TRUE = ThermalRight 120 Ultra Extreme

WOW! those are some great temps on air. I see you have the front door open. Are you on the top of a mountain? is it snowing outside?:santa:

I'm pretty sure 120 comes before extreme..

I would think that would be a much simplified way of identifying it :) I had no idea either.

TR120E <---I can instantly identify that :)

Good stuff man!

Thanks, the first time I heard someone call it by that name.

x3 It may be his own creation.

I'm pretty sure 120 comes before extreme..

Sorry, I think you're right, but either way, "TRUE" would still make sense.

I would think that would be a much simplified way of identifying it :) I had no idea either.

TR120E <---I can instantly identify that :)

Good stuff man!

"TRUE" is a common acronym used over at XS Forums, sorry...I thought it was more widely known here.

Miahallen, how is your buddy RDRash faring? Did he buy that DFIP35 board yet?

No, we went to Akihabara on Nov 12th and we ended up finding the Abit X38I-QuadGT so he got that instead. He is regretting the decision and we are planning another trip on Dec 12th to get the DFI board.

Nice clock speeds on air....congratulations.

I'm going to order a TRUE 120 myself.....Been trying to find one used, but it looks like i'll have to purchase a new one.

Back