• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill at newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope you realize that I threw that in there just for grins, but since you asked I'll attempt an answer.

I am sure that at the very least they incurr costs in the handling of the returned item, whether or not the actual replacement cost is borne by the manufacturer. They have to pay wages and benefits for someone (and with their volume of sales, maybe more that one person) to receive the returned item and process it, they probably also incurr shipping costs to return the item to the manufacturer, then they have to pay shipping to send us a replacement, so yeah, I would say that an RMA costs them money.

Reefa: I was loyal, until their methods went down the toilet. Now I do not recommend, nor do I buy their items. However, that is personal.

man_utd said:
Reefa: I was loyal, until their methods went down the toilet. Now I do not recommend, nor do I buy their items. However, that is personal.

I can understand you choosing to not shop there anymore. There are retailers that I no longer shop for one reason or another.

I for one, have always received exactly what I ordered so I have no gripes with them. They disclose their shipping and have no hidden charges. I however, am not "loyal" to any vendor. I shop them all, but if the price is similar, I will usually shop newegg or zzf because I've always gotten good service from both of them. I also like SVC, but that has more to do with the fact that I've built a relationship with one of the customer service guys and he has always taken care of me if there have been any problems or questions.

One thing about newegg that I've always liked is that I consistently receive the items faster from them than from ANYONE else.

Back