• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kojima Disappointed With Metal Gear Solid 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So, they didnt know the limits of the PS3? BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the biggest crock of you know what I have heard. They knew dam well what the pS3 could do..

thats interesting to hear, well the cell has a lot of power but the question has always been can it really be utilized in a dynamic gaming environments or is it better equipped for scientific number crunching, like folding. At least metal gear fans should be happy to hear the game play is spot on...graphics are one thing...but nothing can make up for bad game play, I'll be curious to see the reviews on this even though I don;t have a PS3

Sounds good to me. In 2 years we will have games that blow this one graphically out of the water, but for now I can understand them hitting a wall. Hell the Motorstorm team hit a wall with their game, and hopefully breakthrough it on their next only to arrive at another wall.

Hmm maybe he was just expecting too much. I'm not one to defend the ps3 or Japanese games, but the graphics don't look low end to me.

I just saw taht article and was about to post too. I'm kind of disappointed to hear that. after all the hype about the power of cell processor, and it seems like it is almost as overhype as the sixaxis control. Kojima said the cell is the limiting factor, not the difficulity of programming is the limiting factor.

"We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually." said Kojima.

It's very interesting if it's true because I always thought the ps3's limit would be it's video card or maybe it's limited ram. The Cell processor was supposed to be revolutionary. It sounded like a really good idea on paper.

It's very interesting if it's true because I always thought the ps3's limit would be it's video card or maybe it's limited ram. The Cell processor was supposed to be revolutionary. It sounded like a really good idea on paper.

Maybe it is something that only sound good on paper. So all those comments about only utilizing 10% of it's powers are just bunch of bullcrap. As of today, we still have not seen anything that the ps3 can do, while the xbox360 cannot do.

you know its really the first time this processor is being used in such fashon, yea it was meant to power entertainment peices but not just video game consoles, it was intended to do alot of different things. so mabe there will be a PS3.5 or something that can live up to devloper expectation

I was always under the impression from some articles that came out before it;s launch that the Nvidia team was saving Sony's ***, in other words the video card was the one thing that was delivering as expected, and knowing Nvidia's track record I'd believe they had their stuff together.

I just saw taht article and was about to post too. I'm kind of disappointed to hear that. after all the hype about the power of cell processor, and it seems like it is almost as overhype as the sixaxis control. Kojima said the cell is the limiting factor, not the difficulity of programming is the limiting factor.

"We're using the Cell engine to its limit., actually." said Kojima.

Did the sixaxis actually get any hype? I've heard nothing but bad things since it came out and now everybody's glad it's out the door with the intro of the Dualshock3.

They didn't even have TIME to hype the sixaxis. The controller was the VERY LAST component of the PS3 to be made.

And don't worry: MGS4 will be AMAZING. Like fudge said: Kojima says this EVERY TIME there's a new metal gear game. He said it about the first, the second, and the third games...

Kojima is a perfectionist. He's NEVER completely happy with his games, but that works for the best, considering the Metal Gear series is probably one of the best overall series in existence.

Did the sixaxis actually get any hype? I've heard nothing but bad things since it came out and now everybody's glad it's out the door with the intro of the Dualshock3.

They didn't even have TIME to hype the sixaxis. The controller was the VERY LAST component of the PS3 to be made.

And don't worry: MGS4 will be AMAZING. Like fudge said: Kojima says this EVERY TIME there's a new metal gear game. He said it about the first, the second, and the third games...

Kojima is a perfectionist. He's NEVER completely happy with his games, but that works for the best, considering the Metal Gear series is probably one of the best overall series in existence.

Yup.

Who knows, maybe there will be another one ;)

Also, I just really hope that the textures on the walls and ground aren't CRAP.

Yup.

Who knows, maybe there will be another one ;)

Also, I just really hope that the textures on the walls and ground aren't CRAP.

The game is 50 gigs. I somehow doubt ANY of the textures would be crap.

Aslong as Kojima isn't happy, I'm happy :p
Aslong as MGS isn't 'perfect' he'll keep making them in that search for something no one can truely achieve :D

On a side note if the guy really wanted the power why not make an MGS PC exclusive? Forget about sales this is about trying to get as close as possible to his vision.

I... couldn't ever... imagine playing... MGS on the PC. Dualshock 3 > Keyboard and Mouse any day of the week for games like this. Besides, if it were on PC, few people would get to share his "dream", as few people have high end machines that would be able to play the game at max settings with steady frames. Couple that with the fact that very few PCs have Blu Ray in them, and you have yourself a whopping failure of a release!

I always think there is nothing in this world that can be perfect as soon as you think something is there's either something else that supposedly perfection. Or if your a creator/designer you think about changing things at last minitue and it keeps on going on like that still you give up.

He says they are using the Cell to the limit, so is every other game out right now. That does not mean the game is using the Cell to the limit it can reach, it only means the limit the way the code is written. Motorstorm estimated 30-40%SPE usage (Could be hype). That does not mean they just let the system idle the other clocks, it means they know they could do better with more optimizations. Really all this means is his team is unable to optimize anymore that they can think off.

Back