• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Official Forum Wars (Winter Wars) 2010 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What thread are you trying to get to ?

the link in your initial post. or do we not need to register, just post up here. what about stock scores.
also are there any specific geekbench rev.s that are beneficial. never ran it before.

if needed I could also bench with a single 9800gtx and do a second computer run with 2 9800gtx's

I went to TRP and got to register and then did get said blank page, havent posted hardware yet, do I have to specify what OS will be used, or OS's? and can I use more than one OS for the different tests.

I guess I'm going to go ahead and commit to this. I'm not going to promise the best scores, but I think I can improve on what I did last time.

E3110 (air)
3850 (air)
P5Q Pro
4G DD2 GSkill 8500

Might need some help on the cpu end as I hit a wall last time. Not sure where it was coming from, but it just felt pretty power hungry for the speeds I ended up at last time.

alright fellow bench teamers, I am officially in. registered and all, havent stated hardware yet. think maybe I will use the 4870x2, doesnt clock overly well but with the tests being used I will score better with it.
hopefully someone will send a password for the official thread in the team members area, and someone have some ideas to what helps geekbench, seems I am going to top out around 12200 on it at 4.5

I'll play if you need me.

Hardware in sig. Probably won't be getting anything new...wife got me on a budget. I was thinking about picking up GodM@n's 4890 though. Will bench with water/air probably.

I can either go P55/i7 860 and R4890 or 790FX/PII 955 and R4890. Any direction?

Edit: I'm reliable too. :)

Run the i5. Although I have nothing against AMD chips, they just don't bench as well as intel chips. They do run nice when you get them very cold though. :)

I don't have pots but I was thinking of running the water system with the radiators submerged in a DICE+anti-freeze bath. Not sure if this would work well or not. Wouldn't want the radiators to bust under the cold temps... I'm sure everyone would have great suggestions here.

So far I've only been successful in getting the PII to 4100-4200 range. Haven't benched the i7 yet, just got it running a few days ago.

Edit: You mean you want me to go get an i5 750 for the 4 threaded teams?

I don't have pots but I was thinking of running the water system with the radiators submerged in a DICE+anti-freeze bath. Not sure if this would work well or not. Wouldn't want the radiators to bust under the cold temps... I'm sure everyone would have great suggestions here.

So far I've only been successful in getting the PII to 4100-4200 range. Haven't benched the i7 yet, just got it running a few days ago.

Edit: You mean you want me to go get an i5 750 for the 4 threaded teams?

Your i7 would be a best bet, if you can pick up another 4890 you'll be on a team with me most likely (same setup too :D). As for the DICE/ anti-freeze, worry about that when we need to do the actual benching (bucket of ice/ water is usually fine and what alot of guys do)

I think he meant i5 because its a 1156 chip.

I was contemplating tossing Dice into my bucket res for my water cooled peltier ensamble, i was afraid being that cold would kill the pump. I think it's worth trying, though i don't have the funds to replace destroyed stuff, obviously the cooling loop needs antifreeze too.

I can be in if it'll help,

E1200(103%OC, 3.25ghz) or E5200(3.9-4ghz)
Asus P5q Pro (P45)
2x2gb ddr2-8880
1x4830
Air.

Y'all's call which CPU'd be more useful. The e5200 will post higher scores, the e1200 has a nice 103% OC for the OC section :D

Aight i signed up on their form. Some guidance as to which CPU would best benefit the team would be great :D

The 103,000 points for the 103% OC on the e1200 seems pretty tasty, but y'all know far more then me about this sort of thing.
I might be able to come up with a stock overclocking-unfriendly 4850, if two rigs are needed in the dual core world. Actually there's a chance i could crossfire the 4830 and 4850 if it was really needed, and someone sent me a bridge or two. I'd have to bribe my buddy who owns the card, but that's ok.

EDIT:
Am i supposed to get any sort of confirmation from their signup form? It just went to about:blank.

We have to signup there for this?

I just posted in the thread! I thought Deanzo takes care of the team and such...

From the super-post first post, roughly in the middle of the quoted novel:
wall'o'text said:
>Player Registration......
All Players must register their Online name & Email address for prize notification and Sponsor request for promotional offers
The competing forums are responsable for setting up their teams and making sure the scores are verified by Forum Police
You can sign up here... http://caregiversathome.net/tinc?key...r_Registration

Might just be for prizes and such.
But..... i want a prize! :D

Back