• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3570k Isn't Running as Hot as Expected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eerazer; run prime for like 20m... it looks like you ran for only 5m. I'd argue that your case internal need to get up to temp before you get max cpu temps. but even still, great info.

if you have enough post now, put your system details in your sig. :)

Starting to sound like these chips will improve over time if this one is good.

Hmm...it's just hard to tell whether your temps are good without ambient. If your ambient is the same as the outside temps there, then the CPU temps aren't very good. I hope you aren't in an 8C house though, that would be brutally cold.

^^^ Lol.... Sitting hunched over the computer for warmth, wearing beanie, a few sweaters and a parker on top, warm pants, thermal underwear :p

ah man its 4am and im tired -.-

its not that cold its not that hot right now, but it is night time, but my tems are similar in the day, it doesn't get super hot in england atm. my computer is like 12 feet away from the window also.

ok my spec is

CPU: I5 3750K
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro 3
Memory: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
Graphics Card: ASUS ROG GTX 580 Matrix Platinum 900MHz
Hard Drive: OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, Western Digital 500GB X2
Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply: Corsair TX850W V2
Case: Fractal Designs R3 Black Pearl
CPU cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow
Monitor: HP 2510i 25"
Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6
Mouse 1: SteelSeries Xai
Mouse 2: Razer Naga
Mouse Mat: Razer Goliathus Speed Edition
Speakers: Logitech Z506 5.1

^^^ Lol.... Sitting hunched over the computer for warmth, wearing beanie, a few sweaters and a parker on top, warm pants, thermal underwear :p

I used to do that with my old Commodore 64's power brick. Those things made fantastic foot warmers.

I find my overclocked video card pumps out a bucketload of heat while gaming. I can do burn tests for the CPU and it makes little difference, with the GPU you can litterally feel the heat pumping out the back of the system while gaming.

as a side note, do u think running 4.5 would be fine for 24/7 use? or should i head back to 4.4 for gaming and 24/7.

thoughts?

How long have you actually run prime... Are you even 100% sure its stable? You said all you did was change the multiplier and left everything else auto. Doesn't sound like a solid oc to me unless you've set your own voltage. Your pics detail quick runs of prime. Try 6hrs plus.

Or try Intel Burn Test and watch your temps sky rocket :p.

How long have you actually run prime... Are you even 100% sure its stable? You said all you did was change the multiplier and left everything else auto. Doesn't sound like a solid oc to me unless you've set your own voltage. Your pics detail quick runs of prime. Try 6hrs plus.

Or try Intel Burn Test and watch your temps sky rocket :p.

yeah i haven't gone into depth dude, tbh i'm not a serious overclocker, i dont bench all day, i'm a gamer so i just wanted a fast chip. not really going to fiddle around so much with it.

yeah, all i did was set the turbo multiplier to 44x, 45x and post the results. i am sure someone can get better numbers than mine, but i just wanted to share, since i am sure some of you were interested in seeing what these chips were like.

I think that's hot...

3930k can run on Noctuna at 4.7Ghz with 1.4V at max temp around 85'C
at 1.24V, 3930k will be around 4.0Ghz, with max temp around 65'C

I think that's hot...

3930k can run on Noctuna at 4.7Ghz with 1.4V at max temp around 85'C
at 1.24V, 3930k will be around 4.0Ghz, with max temp around 65'C

i left all of the bios settings on auto. i'm sure with a proper overclock with less v core and features disabled/enabled in the bios properly, the temp would be lower than mine was.

Last edited:
I would spend the extra 20min to 20 hours learning about the settings of IB; i think at Toms he talked about how the voltage for ______ is high be default, and that unless you're pushing 1.?? volts you can lower it to get help reduce heat. you need to find n read the article. but give the chip another month before you really decide where you want to be, taking in to mind the overclocks/reviews that will b coming out.

also, you need to prime for at least 20m (some would say an hour); and that is not the only test you want to run. is your memory only ddr3-1333?? the chip supports 1600, you'd notice a boost in performance here. you're on one gtx580? adding a second gtx580 would b more beneficial than getting 4.2 vs 4.5ghz out of the cpu; for that matter, the thing (3570) is a beast, anywhere over 4.0 is enough cpu imho.

ya, that be a good idea I think.

U using H100 as cooling right?
I think you should be able to get 4.8Ghz without too much problems.. at around 1.4V

but yeah, I don't have an IB chip.. so dont listen to me. :)

I would spend the extra 20min to 20 hours learning about the settings of IB; i think at Toms he talked about how the voltage for ______ is high be default, and that unless you're pushing 1.?? volts you can lower it to get help reduce heat. you need to find n read the article. but give the chip another month before you really decide where you want to be, taking in to mind the overclocks/reviews that will b coming out.

also, you need to prime for at least 20m (some would say an hour); and that is not the only test you want to run. is your memory only ddr3-1333?? the chip supports 1600, you'd notice a boost in performance here. you're on one gtx580? adding a second gtx580 would b more beneficial than getting 4.2 vs 4.5ghz out of the cpu; for that matter, the thing (3570) is a beast, anywhere over 4.0 is enough cpu imho.

its cool, my system is great for gaming, i don't need a second gtx, i prefer the hassle free compatibility of 1 card. and i always vsync to 60 fps.

i used to own 2, 6970 but i sold them for the reasons above.

1333 memory yea

thanks for the post/advice on the cpu :D

Back