• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DSL Router w Analog Modem Installed????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilverNBlack

Registered
I go to a friends house who is blessed with High speed capability and we network and share his DSL connection. He has two computers both w/o analog modems installed. My computer has an analog modem installed. We can all connect to each other and game online, but I am the only one that gets 10kbps download speeds. They are both DL'ing at 100-150k. Is this due to the fact that I analog modem settings that limit my DL speed, or is it something more. My system spec's are below, and all computers have Win98SE. In addition I have a LinkSys 10/100 adapter, and a USR 56k V.92modem. Any help is apreciated, thanks.

probaby your network card, see if its set to either auto detect or tx100 full duplex....if its already on 'autodetect", then set it manually to TX100 full duplex. modem has nothing to do with network speed....:D

Back