• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Curse you Blizzard downloader!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

Today I just sat down for some WoW (welcome back to my viperjohn x800, I had been playing on a 9600). And There is an update, but instead of downloading in game it exits the game and starts this client similar to bitorrent in the way it distributes the update. And it always dies!!! cannot connect to tracker blah blah, gave it permission on my firewall, tried disabling p2p file transfer... The first update it eventually got going pretty fast, but not this time. Is anybody else having problems with this? are there servers to manually download this from? :bang head

For some reason my downloader wouldn't work. I went to fileplanet but it was super slow so I tried FileFront. Hardly a wait for the free public servers and good d/l speed.

I got the patch but my server is down :(

www.filefront.com has the patch on the frontpage. There is little to no wait to DL and pretty damn good download speeds.
AK50 said:
For some reason my downloader wouldn't work. I went to fileplanet but it was super slow so I tried FileFront. Hardly a wait for the free public servers and good d/l speed.

I got the patch but my server is down :(
Ditto.

okay got the dowloader going a little bit better, it takes a while to get connections. I also customized an ip filter rule for it just in case. feel free to do the same with your own firewall, it might help. in the future i'm going to try to find a direct download, though. Thanks guys!

I use their filters and such and tracker is still bugged som im trying file front now. this patch should at least make a step towards adding teeth to my cat form so i can wait.

hell i cant even log in ( getting really ****ed ) and i tried all of the above and resinatlled wow and still cant get in if this is going to be like this every patch day i am going to cancal my account go back to city of hero's

Yeah Illidan has been down all day...extended service...really no need to reinstall wow, Derek.

Of course it sucks, but no biggie, there are other things to do........

Later

CN

not when you live in the "sticks" you dont have jack to do unless you wanna drive around int he back 40 but how long whould that last ? till your gas runs out then u still be board oh well.

oh yeah taking it off the router helped out? I have the same situation too. I only have one computer connected to it, might as well be directly into the computer. I'll try that for the next update.

Back