• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.4GHz PIII-s does 1640MHz on default vcore. Nice! My latest and greatest.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ol' man

WOWSA. This thing is going to OC like mad! If I only had ram to keep up wit it!

I always believe that PIII 1MHZ = P4 1.3 to 1.4MHZ

So could you please run a PCMark2002 let us see the resault?

If i am right, you should be able to get somewhere 5000+ points for CPU score.

Sweet OC ol' man what kind of memory are you using right now? I bought some corsair PC150 cas2 the other day but it wont do much over 150 just like the crucial I already had

I will be a litle negative :D

Here is one quote about the OCed PIII 1400 S

I've had the bus up to 150 at 1.5v and it seemed okie. It ran that way for 4 hrs before I dropped it back down becaues the temp was getting high with the stock HSF. 65ºC Never crashed just a bit warm for me. It's running 143 fsb at 1.5v now and runs 52ºC with the stock HSF.

I run seti@home 24/7 so higher then normal temps are normal for my machines. Most people play quake for a few hrs to get their top temp. I've found running something that uses all of your cpu all the time heats the cpu up 5-7ºC more then it would be as it never gets a chance to rest or cool.

Here is the full story : http://www.asusboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18276&perpage=15&pagenumber=4

Just scroll at the midle

that thread is about the celeron 1400 not the P3S1400There are a few differences between the two.

The celeron has 256K L2 cache and the P3 has 512

The celeron has a multiplier of 14 and the P3 has a 10.5 multiplier

The celeron is a 100FSB chip and the P3 is 133

The celeron has a L2 cache latency of 1 and the P3 has 0

Hahahaha i said what i said ,just to keep up our athletic spirit high ..

I did notice all your little tricks , like under voltage , over voltage and the rest .
I am not trying to steal your joy , this is a good chip .
Your OC leads to crazy bus speeds , I am sure that the poor chip boils like a pork stake .
And there is no any way to hold it for normal use that high .
The 1640MHz as you said , is one good speed to stick at .

I like to see some scores close at 1610 MHz , just for one comparison with the Celery 1.4G at this speed .
Just the Sandra CPU and Mem scores will do ,as info to cover my personal question marks ..

deez said:
that thread is about the celeron 1400 not the P3S1400There are a few differences between the two.

You have wrong and right at the same time .
It is one Celery 1.4G review .
But the above quote is for one PIII S 1.4G

ol'man
How many p3/celyt chips does this make now. More than anyone I know of. I just checked the price for one of those 1.4s chips at newegg $300.00 for a retail one. Thats just way to much money for me. No way is it a price/performance set up. Is it $200.oo better than Cely 1.4, I dont think so. Anyway congrats on the oc but for that money I could by a P4chip and mobo and even if the p4 would need say 2200mhz to keep up on the processor side it would kill the p3 in memory bandwith. You really love these p3/celyt chips dont ya.

Actually its temps stayed under 40 deg. C at those speeds;) Volcano 7+. I have ran my ST6 to 190fsb. I had a little fun frying a 3com NIC though today with my crazy bus speeds.O well $10
got me a better one at best buy.

Actually I found 1.7GHz and 1.55v about the best for all around quietness and performence. I know with a little more juice I could at least post a screeny at 1800MHz.

The reason I kinda like 162fsb/1700MHz is because my ram can run 222 at those speeds. If I were to whip out the dry ice you would see 2GHz for sure.

The ST6 can hit high bus speeds while the TUSL2 cannot. I think this is why you don't see many TUSL2's OC'n chips to their max. I can hit my max.

I think having all the cache enabled instead of short traces in the core helps OC'n ability. Plus it really runs cooler.

The cel-t has some parts of the cache disabled. I think it is disabled cause it didn't work in the first place. Believe me I still like the cel-t but this chip takes the cake for quiet operation at high speeds.

Here are some temps of this chip at 1.4GHz/133fsb and 1.23v. Fans running at around 2000rpm and ambient at 72 deg. C

davefred99 said:
ol'man
How many p3/celyt chips does this make now. More than anyone I know of. I just checked the price for one of those 1.4s chips at newegg $300.00 for a retail one. Thats just way to much money for me. No way is it a price/performance set up. Is it $200.oo better than Cely 1.4, I dont think so. Anyway congrats on the oc but for that money I could by a P4chip and mobo and even if the p4 would need say 2200mhz to keep up on the processor side it would kill the p3 in memory bandwith. You really love these p3/celyt chips dont ya.

Shhhh.....
http://www.axiontech.com/cgi-local/prdtinfo.asp?prdt=PRINP3T1405O

See my sig?

Yeah it died:) I killed when I went with the Cu 7+ It didn't like the low(IHSless) core and clip went cockeyed and pffftt dead in two seconds upon boot.

Can we all have a moment of silence for that golden OC'r? I will miss it.

Anyway here is the new total.

1.0a
1.1a
5(1.2's)
1.2 PIII tua
1.4 PIII-s

:D

Anyway intel gladly replaced my last dead cel-t again:)

I looked at the PIV option and it still was beyond my budget.

I will wait for the prescott probably!

I do sharing your joy of your scores , but I will not buy one ABIT board in my life again .
I have 2 ABIT boards in my hands , with burned fan connectors , one BE6-II with problematic behavior of the High Point 366 controller in win2k .
And the BX6 with some little problem when I was using my Aureal 8830 sound card , I was having problems to access the floppy .
As you can see this boards is not that new , but the ABIT support , did not move a finger to help on that issues all this years .

I love my ASUS board , and I do not see the ABIT as option at all .

One is for sure , it’s a lot of fun doing comparisons with you :)

image is loading.
cpu1722.jpg

Here is my highest FSB with the TUSL-2 and my old PIII 1000 ;)
Cas 322
image is loading . :D

p3.jpg

Last edited:
How about some different math benchies?

Attachments

• mathurcpu.zip
    202.5 KB · Views: 118
Back