• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steam games for older laptop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I've got a HP DV6113us Pavilion that has 2GB ram, SSD, Win7 and onboard Nvidia 6150 video. Any good Steam games that will play well on this laptop?

I'm going on 3 weeks vacation and I'll be sitting around a lot.

I'll also have a USB keyboard and mouse, so no worries about having to use a track pad.

(I was thinking about Space Hulk possibly. I've got Dawn of War already)

I like Game Dev Tycoon, or maybe Rochard, the original TorchLight I think should be ok...

guess it depends on what type of games you like

What types of games are you looking for?

Just trying to come up with a broader list of games I like with lower system requirements and are on Steam:

Rogue Legacy, Rollercoaster Tycoon, GTA3, Source games (HL2, I know it'll work since I played it on a Thinkpad T40 with a 1.ghz Pentium M, 1GB RAM and an ATI 7500), Morrowind, and Mount & Blade.

First off, sorry for not being very clear in the OP. I've had a really nasty headache for a day and a half, and I'm not thinking as clearly as I'd like.

Check out terraria?

Not really into side-scrollers, but for that does look like a well developed one.

I like Game Dev Tycoon, or maybe Rochard, the original TorchLight I think should be ok...

guess it depends on what type of games you like

I think I've got the original TorchLight. I'll install it and see how well it plays.

What types of games are you looking for?

Just trying to come up with a broader list of games I like with lower system requirements and are on Steam:

Rogue Legacy, Rollercoaster Tycoon, GTA3, Source games (HL2, I know it'll work since I played it on a Thinkpad T40 with a 1.ghz Pentium M, 1GB RAM and an ATI 7500), Morrowind, and Mount & Blade.

Games I've enjoyed:
HL2, Diablo, Dawn of War, Borderlands, oblivion, minecraft, plants vs zombies, doom 1 & 2, portal, starcraft.

Hope that helps. And thanks to everybody for their suggestions.

FYI terraria isn't a side scroller. It is more akin to minecraft and I would say is a better made version (at least more things to craft and make)

Back