• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nintendo and online.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VG_Addict

Registered
What exactly is wrong with the Wii U's online? Why are so many people complaining about it?

What exactly do you see people complaining about?

First post was pretty vague, only issue I've had is connecting to Mario Kart 8 servers, but that was due to heavy loading.

Seems like a repeat of the exact conversation here...

I don't know myself, I've just heard people talk about it.

It apparently lacks voice chat and cross-platform buying.

It has voice chat, I've used it on Mario Kart.

If I want to buy something, I'm buying it on that device, as the 3DS and Wii U don't use the same games.

It doesn't have non-friend voice chat [not really a bad thing, compared to the garbage that you hear online elsewhere]. It doesn't have cross-platform buying [as ATM said] because the games don't cross-over. The system is significantly better than it was for the Wii (with those awful friend codes), but still not built around a social/friends setup like how XBL or PSN are.

The system is about a generation behind, but they are improving it, just not fast enough to be a competitor.

What about Nintendo's services?

Would you say Miiverse is a decent service?

Back