• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

older gaming issue black ops 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

ok here is the deal my and my brother who just moved in with me, we want to play some games together.. we plat WOW with no problem but when we try and play COD Black Ops 2 together one of us gets kicked out of game.. or not out of game but out of the server he was in, we both got open NAT's he is wireless i'm cabled in.

Ive searched and messed with the router over and over and cant seem to figure this out... now we can play in separate game/servers at the same time with no issues but when I try and join the game he is in. He gets dc'd and vice verca.....

router/modem model # Netgear CG3000-RG

Any help is much appreciated.

Since you mention WOW, I assume your playing on PC's.

This seems like a common problem via PS3: Google "BlackOps 2 same game IP". It seems like it is not uncommon to have these issues. But personally I feel like I have never had an issue, but then again in my situation, we were playing via xbox.

From some googling I got to this page
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1671936

which led to here

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6370-QPHJ-3567

worth a try but looks like it might not work.

It seems getting a second router might fix it, if you have an extra wireless adapter you can try setting up an ad hoc connection and testing whether it fixes the issue, that way if it doesn't work you won't have to waste 20 or 30 bucks on a router.

If you have a smartphone try using it as a wifi adapter. I remember when doing so my PC would show it was connected, but not to the router, meaning I couldn't share my files and such. If the problem is indeed related to being on the same router, this might help.

I play BO2 regularly on pc. I can say with certainty that 2 routers will get past this issue. I have played many times in servers with my roommate and never been kicked. I am plugged into one router and he is on the other. It's not a cheap fix if you don't have a second, but it does work.

ok been on vacation for a few days going to try this out but I do got another router somewhere also..... check back in when I figure it out or get stuck.

Back