• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arma III Battle Royal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soulcatcher668

Anyone playing this mod?

I played for the first time last night, tons of fun.

Great immersion and high stress level at the end game.

I am surprised there are no responses.

Let me explain.

Battle Royal is a Mod for Arma III by a guy named Playerunknown.

LINK to the official site.

PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Battle Royale is an extreme survival mod that plunges players into a bloody last man standing game-mode, with one chance to win.

Based on the book/movie ‘Battle Royale’, this mod provides a unique gameplay experience.

The rules are simple. There can be only one winner.

Everyone else must die!

So this is a PvP last man standing game. You join a server (instructions to follow) and when it fills, everyone is dropped out of a plane together.

Once you land your parachute, you must find gear (you start in civilian clothes with no weapons).

After 10 mins (I could be wrong here... it may be 15 min) you are shown a blue circle on the map and you have 10 mins to get into it. If you stay outside the circle, you take damage until you die.

The circle will continue to shrink every few mins to force player interaction until there is one person left.

A very simple idea but amazing to play.

At the beginning when you are approaching a building to get gear you are thinking 'did someone get here first? Am I going to get shot as soon as I open the door?'.

At the end when the blue circle moves and you are just outside, having to move puts you at great risk. It is easier to see moving targets than someone camouflaged in a bush.

Here is a vid on how to install the mod..

....and finally a full length gameplay vid from a guy I like to watch. He makes it look so calm......it's not.

Please note the run time........ :shock:

Each game (if you last to the end) is between 45 min to an hour.

If you own Arma III, you are doing yourself a disservice not trying this out.

It is a compelling argument to buy Arma III.

It's the only reason I bought it.

See you in my scope.... :thup:

That's actually pretty nice. Arma 3 is still at the $60 price point though, hopefully it drops during the Steam Summer Sale.

That's actually pretty nice. Arma 3 is still at the $60 price point though, hopefully it drops during the Steam Summer Sale.

It was just on sale um last weekend?

Love that mod! And there are tons and tons and tons of other ones!!

Yup, just got it, and like I said in the Steam Sale thread, I'll probably completely forget about it as soon as it's installed :D

How are you people doing with FPS in that game, i am planing a new budget build so i am quite interested in the game. Is the engine still ****ty like the arma 2 one, is it even possible to have 50+ fps at all times, since if i remember correctly in arma 2 that was imposible with the hardware available when it came out.

On high settings it is very demanding. You can lower setting to make it playable.

I run 2 GTX 680 4 gig cards so I don't really have issues.

Here is a link to some ARMA 3 specific benchmarks courtesy of Techspot.

LINK

its on sale right now for steam just bought it ready to play some battle royale :)

Back