• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resident Evil 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didnt have any rifle ammo thought. All i had were a few grenades, a load of pistol ammo, and about 200 shots of TMP ammo.

I chose the new costumes as well, and I was REALLY surprised when I finally got to rescueing Ashley. She looked like she was ready to fall out of the top she is wearing.

I have about 610k saved up for my Chicago Typewriter. Hopefully I can get the rest of it, 400k or so, pretty quickly if I remember to get every treasure.

I've only got 115,000 or so. But I've been spending. I upgraded my rifle. Dear GOD is it fast now! It's practically an automatic!

Ive just been in every game shop in Sheffield city centre on my way home from work to get it. Everywheres sold out.

Damn! :D

It really is that good, however. The first time took me 21 hours to beat. The second time through will pro'lly take me considerably less.

I'm not even going to attempt to get the Handcannon yet until I have like, an entire day to sit down and beat The Mercenaries.

Took me about 21-22 hours to complete the first run through, and a good long while to beat Operation Ava. Since there are no saves in Ava, you have to do the whole thing in one sitting. There are some REALLY intense parts of that sub game, especially when 10 guys, some with shields, some with helmets, and others with full body armor decide to come at you. At that point, I was REALLY glad I had found some grenades.

I'm going to start in on Mercenaries soon, but I tried it last night. Its not OVERLY difficult to stay alive... but it is VERY hard to get the 4 or 5 star rating required to unlock the other characters. Apparently you need about 30k for a 4/5 star rating, and I couldnt make it past 13k. I'll have to do some reading up on some techniques to do it, then go at it again. Right now though, my real goal is getting the million dollars that is needed for the Chicago Typewriter. I'm just a tad bit over half way there, so If I'm REALLY lucky and find everything I should get the thing.

This game is just REALLy great. Gamecube is definitely flexing its muscles with this one.

You have to find the extra points powerup (kill the chainsaw guys or hunt around), which multiplies any points you gain in the 30 seconds it's active by 1000. Also try and find time extension powerups, too. And remember, 1 guy is a waste of ammo, 2 or more (hopefully more) is a good opportunity. Time your shots well and get in close if you're using the shotty for maximum damage dealing.

One of my friendds bought Resi Evil 4, and a gamcube, he then said to another one of my friends i've played all the resident evil games' yet he didn't know what a Tyrant was XD.

Anyway, my friend who asked the question will be getting it soon and since he doesn't play Resident Evil games (he just spectates and says he has played since he doesn't know too much either) It'll be like having a free copy for myself :D.

I just got the Chicago Typewriter with the 1 million dollars I saved up. It is a RAW DOG. Ended up selling my Shotgun and Pistol since I dont need them anymore. The thing is FANTASTIC. I'm now working on getting meself the Infinite Rocket launcher though lol

Just beat it again, and shaved a good 11 hours off of my time. I took some screenies, too.

This time around, I found not one, not two, but THREE blue eyes! That completed two lamps w/ one left over. Very cool.

I think this is actually the longest session I've actually spent on a console game in a very long time. I sat down when I was about 2 hours in. My final save is at 10 hours 42 minutes or thereabouts.

I also ended up killing the batteries in my Wavebird :D

edit: Oops, how'd that last one get in there?! :p

Attachments

• RGB Butterfly.jpg
    RGB Butterfly.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 48
  • Typewriter.jpg
    Typewriter.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 49
  • KingLeon.jpg
    KingLeon.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Copyright.jpg
    Copyright.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 42
  • badonkadonk.jpg
    badonkadonk.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I'm sitting on 7 hours 21 minutes. I have found 2 blue eyes and finished 2 lamps. I have both the Chicago Typewriter and the Infinite Rocket Launcher, and i'll be heading into the last fight withing half and hour.

I really cooked through it this time.

I thought it was so funny taking out the bosses in under 3 seconds with the Typewriter. Talk about insanely powered weaponry =)

Definelty an amazing game. My only complaint is that the majority of the puzzles in the game are much too easy. I've played through Normal 3 times, and I'm on my first Pro game. Pro has been fairly easy so far except for the final Krauser fight (where I'm at now).

I've beaten Mercenaries with five stars on every level with every guy...with the help of three other people ;)

He's a tip- if you find yourself short on money, beat the shooting gallery! You get around 120,000 pesetas for beating the whole thing- enough to get you that magnum to shoot Krauser in the face with!

Back