• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird game texture issues. (Sleeping Dogs/BF3/etc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
See attached pictures. Anyone seen things like this before? I have on a few different cards (so it isn't necessarily my 7970 that is causing it) and on different driver versions. Do you think/know if there is a certain driver setting that could be causing it, or problem with the game? I never have the problem in some games (for example Assassins Creed 2) but in BF3 and now Sleeping Dogs I've seen it a handful of times.

(note: resized from 1920x1200). Pictures taken with MSI Afterburner. Graphics in these pictures was set to extreme (everything maxed) but I've tried down through Medium and it still happens.
-- for the first one notice the lines on the guy on the right's body attaching to his hand.
i0eXN.jpg
AIFC6.jpg
znRV6.jpg
50l53.jpg
PH93P.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a texture cashe problem on the HDD the games are installed on,
or a problem with your cpu/gpu rendering the UV coordinates for the meshs.
ive only seen this problem once and it was a HDD cashe problem.

So I decreased the GPU down to reference speeds (from stock lightning speeds) and the issue hasn't re-appeared.

Will have to play with it more.

Back