• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Get Together Oct 26th-27th... Now MO. vs OH. vs CA. vs. TX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just to give an update, I may not be able to have the party at my place. As some know that follow the 'toys' thread my new house is having some issues. The wife and I are trying to get some contractors in to take care of the issues, but may not have it done in time by the end of the month due to negotiations and possible legal matters with the sellers. Because of that we are going to continue to rent at our apartment until we can determine the house is livable.

If this continues on like this I may have to cancel for my place and hopefully Matt and his wife (!) may be nice enough to host.

Maybe I haven't mentioned in this thread how much i dislike cats now.
Hey Don, sorry to hear about your place...saw the pics in the other thread.
Though I would be able to get to Matt's place a bit easier than yours I surely hope you can get everything worked out!

Oh NO, benchers won't have a finished environment at con1's place!?
Will they survive!?

Just gotta give you a hard time cause I bench DIce/LN2 on a pile of rags :D

While we're all talking about "complications"... LOL

On my dime I'll be getting my 150L filled, and Don's 50L if he can bring it up on Friday. That runs about $115 with all the fees and stuff they've started tacking on (I'm getting hazmat charges too now), plus the $20 it costs to drive to airgas and back (80 miles) so thats $135 on my total costs.

If we want a second 180L, I'll need to collect funds ahead of time from attendees as the wedding and new truck (and insurance) have exhausted my discretionary budget, and then some. Last time we rented the 180L, final bill upon returning it came to $125 (fluid, fees, rental, taxes). Last time they wouldn't load my 150L and the 180L at the same time, because thats pushing close to 1000LBs payload which is the legal limit for hazardous materials on the highway without having a hazmat placard, and its likely to be close enough for a statey to pull me over and give me a hassle. I'll try to talk them into it next time (they have the placards they could give me), as it costs me an extra $20 and another hour and a half to make 2 trips.

FYI, I can go through half of the 150L in 8 hours doing LN2 on CPU and GPU when everything is clocking/running smoothly, so a second 180L is probably a wise option.

Beepbeep - if you want your dewar filled, I can come by to pick it up and fill it when I make my airgas run, it's .50/L and I'll cover the fees/taxes. (I don't remember how many liters your dewar is)

Last edited:
For them, it's a 25L dewar. I don't really know how much it holds but that is an accurate guess.

It costs more for gas to me get filled than the LN2...guys at bedford charge me for 20-25L + $1.40 flat hazmat.

Well...

Living room is almost done...

Looks way better in person than this crappy iPhone pic...

ETA: New Floors... New Trim... New Paint... Whole nine yards.

IMG_0800.jpg

Last edited:
Matt, let me know if you need some money in advance for the LN2. Even though I plan on just mainly watching the action, I have no problem chipping in some for LN2.

So where is the new place for the Ohio meet? I'm still down, just wanna know where I'm driving XD

Bumpin' this back up to make sure we're still looking good...

This is a month away... So lets lock it in and make sure!

I myself need to know how many people plan to use LN2... So I can make sure I have enough on hand.

Matt... Could you update your section of the first post to reflect the new location and such?

Living room is DONE!!! FINALLY!

(Cept for some very small trim touchup...)

I'll grab some better pics later when the lighting is better and the rest of my HT stuff is reinstalled... BUT...

IMG_9181.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

Its missing something....

I don't see a 180L LN2 tank, or a keg. This is no living room!

Sweet looking room, now it's time for the wife to come in and scrutinise you're work :D

LOL... It was done 100% to her specification! So if she's got any complaints she has nobody to blame but herself!

Looks great Davey!

Thanks! How's your project coming BTW?

Its missing something....

I don't see a 180L LN2 tank, or a keg. This is no living room!

LOL... Haven't convinced the wife to let me put an LN2 tank in the house yet... Same for a Kegerator.

Seems she believes they belong in the garage. :/

It is amazing how much your living room looks like mine. I have the hardwood with brown walls and white trim also. With the recessed lights too.

Back