• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Total Scam >:-(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

My brothers computer has tons of spyware. TONS. For whatever reason there hasn't been an update for Search and Destroy or Adaware in about 15 years, so I go to download.com and see on their frontpage- "Spyhunter 1.1.29- Download is free!" Note they say download is free. I dl and run the program and it comes up with all the spyware on my bro's computer; I then click the button that removes it and it hits me with a message saying I have to buy the program for the removal feature. This of course isn't mention until you actually try and use this feature. I swear the same people that put out spyware prob make these programs just to make money. This ****es me off to no end, what BS!

adaware still updates every few days. spybot is a PITA. it has updates but for whatever reason their autoupdater does not work and all they provide is some lame pita fix that basically does nothing. you can dl the updates from their website though.

yeah, getting tired of spyware but not enough fixes to get rid of them and the fixes don't always work - try getting rid of the searchx engine trojan with spybot (what a joke)..........somehow, keep hoping MS's sp2 will help but until then, MOZILLA........

Back