• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting killed on points...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RipD

Was going along nicely with my 280x. Had a WU that hung yesterday - didn't see it for almost a full day. Now have a 11292 WU that's going to give me 2200 PPD rather than the 120K PPD I was getting. Putting a note on the Stanford forum about that one...

Got a 2nd 280x sitting here I need to get going...

Core 16 projects have been crap points since day 1, moaning at PG might make you feel better but they won't change the points because of it. 11292 is coming to an end anyway so once they are done that will be it. As an aside the reason for the core 17 shortage will be all the curecoin miners depleting the servers again

As an aside the reason for the core 17 shortage will be all the curecoin miners depleting the servers again
Again? Their points and amount of users have been going down(as an average) since the bottom dropped out of the Curecoin value ~2 months ago.

Core 16 projects have been crap points since day 1, moaning at PG might make you feel better but they won't change the points because of it.
Thanks. I wasn't expecting them to change the points, just to ensure there's not something wrong. How can they have a project that give 50x less points than other ones - it just makes no sense. 3 more hours and I'll be done with this Core 16 WU.

I have nothing but respect for all the Stanford teams managing this stuff. I do wish they could find a way to make it more consistent and a little easier to fold. The NaCl folding on Chrome is helping with the easy part.

Again? Their points and amount of users have been going down(as an average) since the bottom dropped out of the Curecoin value ~2 months ago.

This is what I've been getting at for a while. They are still out producing us even though it is at a much lower rate that it was. They are still 5.1 months away from overtaking us. This number has been going up and down. It was as high as 6.2 months.

Back