• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get 1090t 4ghz stable :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Give your CPUNB voltage a bump to 1.225. Try lowering your HT Link to 2200 mhz. Bump youre ram voltage up to 1.55. Are those HWMonitor core temps readings you get when running Prime95? They look too low and there's not much differential between max and min core temps. What we need to know is what is your max core temp while under 100% load. Looks like those might be from idle. I have doubts as to whether an H50 can adequately cool a 1090T.

Thanks for the help! the vcore is already at 1.45v should i really add more? and memory is spec'ed at 1.50v. For the ht link i followed dolk's guide which said right around 2400mhz.

The temps are at idle and Its an h80 cooler rather than the h50, forgot to edit my sig.

If its chucking out rounding errors I would add more vcore, so long as core temps stay below 55c and you don't go higher than 1.5v you should be fine

I bumped the ram to 1.55v and nb to (according to AOD) 1.25v and it seems to be stable!

Thanks for the help guys, guess im just being to conservative with the juice.
Primed it for about 10 hours on blend and i've been folding since i shut prime off and top it got to with prime was about 50* +/-.

Cooler: Air

1090T3dmarkVantage2011_2.png
[/IMG]

Reported CPU voltage in Windows monitoring programs will nearly always differ from what you set it to in bios because of a number of factors: vdrop/vdroop, Load Line Calibration (LLC) supplementation and inaccuracy of the reporting software.

If you use Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories you can crop those images and not include all that white background.

this got mine to 4ghz

Try using CPU ratio 18x and changing the CPU Bus Frequency to 223 and see if that helps with stability.

You could try lowering the CPU voltage to 1.425v and change the CPU/NB Voltage to 1.300v.

at the 4ghz range these 1090T's are really sucking the juice back, do they use more than an FX chip at same speed? More or less?

I have a 1090T and I have not got around to overclocking it, I am using a Asus CHiv with an H50 in push pull, is the cooler sufficient for 3.78-3.8 in a 690 Advanced with 16gb of Vengenace 1600? PSU is a solid XFX 850

I have been out of overclocking a while now since I sold my 1055T and bought the 1090T for the same price, but I also have a 960T sitting in a box new waiting to be played with or I should just return it...

at the 4ghz range these 1090T's are really sucking the juice back, do they use more than an FX chip at same speed? More or less?

I have a 1090T and I have not got around to overclocking it, I am using a Asus CHiv with an H50 in push pull, is the cooler sufficient for 3.78-3.8 in a 690 Advanced with 16gb of Vengenace 1600? PSU is a solid XFX 850

I have been out of overclocking a while now since I sold my 1055T and bought the 1090T for the same price, but I also have a 960T sitting in a box new waiting to be played with or I should just return it...

That depends on your CPU, how many volts it will need at what speed,- which as i'm sure you know creates heat. a H50 should be plenty for 3.8Ghz. Probably 4Ghz.
And power usage is not a problem with an XFX 850w. i have the 750w model and even that is over kill for 4Ghz and more, even if i have a power hungry GPU sitting with it.

Its all about temps. if you can keep the volts low enough to keep the heat down the sky is the limit, in that all Thuban's vary, sometimes greatly.
All you can do is experiment.

The psu is enough for the 4ghz your temps should be fine as well I get around 27 idle 45 load with air cool cooling noctua NU12 I think it is

Back