• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd case power button/PSU interaction...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3541773&postcount=9 in my Navi journal thread is the original post, but I figured I'd post here as well.

Fortron BlueStorm PSU and SViking case (in sig). Last night while doing some work (shut down, wait, turn off PSU, wait and open zir up) I noticed an oddity.

Navi will instantly boot up when the PSU is switched on, before the case power button is touched. All connections to the mobo panel headers are solid, and it just started doing this last night.

On the upside, my fan controller now works...it seems as if the PSU sees all power switches as ON. I think it may have something to do with the wiring, but I'm not 100% sure as I changed nothing before this started happening.

I noticed that with my last mobo (Shuttle AK32VN). It turned on whenever I turned my surge protector that my comp was plugged into on. I never figured out why it did it; I just know that when I rebuilt the comp with a different mobo it worked fine and didn't do that. The AK32VN mobo does not do this anymore either.

Hm...what I can't figure out is why it would not do this for about 2 weeks and then start suddenly.

Anyone with A8V/Fortron who has (or doesn't have) this happen?

EDIT: The case power button might be messed up/stuck somehow; I'll try fiddling with it. Although it can be turned off at the case..I have my PSU running now and the comp is definitely shut down.

Last edited:
Back