• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li 65 advices pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dragonhunter

Are the 4 fans that come with the case any good?
Should I replace them?
Everyone using this case pls give some advices.

My case temp is around 32c-35c, one day it went up to 38c :smokin . This temp rise since I upgrade to 6800 ultra and 3.4EE.

thank you
dragonhunter

The fans are ADDA sleeve bearing, and they are around 29-32 CFM (I haven't checked in awhile). They are pretty good fans IMO with little motor noise, and I still use mine, but I do admit that the performance is a bit lacking.

You could do better using 80mm H1A Panaflos @ 39cfm/32dba, but they will be somewhat noisier as well. Some low speed, triple blade 80x38mm Deltas would be nice as well, but they are more expensive.
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/de80ef1.html

To lower temps further, you should make sure to clean up your wiring completely, and also remove the rear fan grill. You could also remove the front and blowhole grills as well, but this obviously detracts from the looks of the case.

dragonhunter said:
Should I replace them?

why replace something that is still working? as youved said you made an upgrade(CPU/GPU)....so there is your reason that temp went up. :)

I replaced those fans for the simple fact...if you use the bottom HDD cage...it blocks the front intake...great for cooling the HDD(s)...but nothing past that...

I personally replaced all the factory fans with thermaltake 2 fans...much better system cooling even when having 3 HDD drives installed...

i have had my Lian Li server case running 24/7 for 2 years
and all is well with the factory fans
but you have to wash the air filter @ the front out now and then

bazx

Back