• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

APERATURE SIZE?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

what will raising my video aperature size in my bios from stock 64mb to 128 or 256 do for me?
i have a stock Gateway mobo 2xAGP

THANX

I have heard that raising your appeture to half your physical RAM is the best setting. However, I seem to go down in scores in 3DMark2k1 and 2k when I do so I just leave it at 64megs.

GERRY136 (Jun 27, 2001 04:37 p.m.):
what will raising my video aperature size in my bios from stock 64mb to 128 or 256 do for me?
i have a stock Gateway mobo 2xAGP

THANX

This setting is to allow the game/video card to directly access your physical RAM for better performance. The higher the setting, the better the gaming (usually); but don't set it too high, else it could clash with your system needing to draw from that same RAM. I keep mine at 50% my total RAM, currently at 128MB -- never a problem, but notice the performance drop at lower settings like the prior post has already said.

Back